GST on Membership fees to online sites

I run an online website (forum) where People Register to become a member by paying online (via paytm payment gateway).

I only collect their email addresses for registration, no details like place or state.

Paytm charges certain commission on each payment and charges GST on that commission. 

The overall amount that paytm desposits in my bank account is Total Sales - (Total Commissions + GST on Commissions)

Now do I need to pay GST to Government on all the sales made. If yes how much ?

Also how would I know how much GST to pay to which State as I have not collected the same information from my users ?

And if I need to pay GST, then that means total tax I would be paying is 18% GST + 30% ITR (on income above 10lakhs) which comes close to 50%. Is it Right or I'm missing something ?

 

Replies (3)
Yes you are correct , but 30% Income tax is not Sale , it's on net profit or net Income (Sale - Expenses)
You can also claim gst credit from paytm

Hi

As data of place of service not collected hiw would one know gst to be paid under sgst or igst?

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details