Gst on export of service

Hello,

I am a freelancer providing consultancy and programming websites.
All of my clients stay outside India and I get payment via WIRE transfer in foreign exchange which gets converted to INR by my bank.

1) I understand that service I provide is zero-rated, but as inter-state suppliers are necessary to be registered under GST, how do I get registered with GST?

I am self-employed and work from my home, I only have a bank current account, an internal bill as address proof.

What documents would I need to get registered?

2) Once I am registered, I read that to claim input, I will have to submit FIRC to the GST authorities.

When I asked my bank about issuing FIRC, they sent me a circular from FEDAI (Special Circular SPL-04)  https://www.pnbnet.in/itc/2016/ibd/circulars/2016/fex2016027.pdf
Which says they cannot issue a FIRC.

What can I do about this, is FIRC required to get input?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies (2)
I have the similar issue. I am too doing freelancing work and registered Pvt Ltd this year. All of my clients are out of India and I too get the payments through payment services like Payoneer/ Paypal (they also have provision to provide FIRC). The whole GST thing is so confusing that most of CAs I am talking are also not very sure on the required compliances specific to GST on export of services. Any inputs here on requirement to get GSTN if the thresold is not exceeding in FY.

Were you able to resolve this, Mr. Agarwal?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details