Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GST on E-commerce

Bibek Modak   20 May 2020

Bibek Modak

19 points

| My Other Post

I am going to launch my own e-commerce application and just want to sell my own products as a vendor, bought from a dealer. Do I need any GST number when my dealer already has paid the GST? My annual turnover is less than Rs.20 lakhs.

Vaibhav Khatri   20 May 2020

Vaibhav Khatri

1 likes  11 points

View Profile | My Other Post

[vii] persons who make taxable supply of goods or services or both on behalf of other taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise;

[viii] Input Service Distributor, whether or not separately registered under this Act;

[ix] persons who supply goods or services or both, other than supplies specified under sub-section [5] of Section 9, through such electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under Section 52

I think you don't need registration still you should see weather above provisions affects you

1 Like

Rajkumar Patel   20 May 2020

Rajkumar Patel

14 likes  248 points

According to Section 24(a) of CGST Act, 2017, Person is required to obtain registration irrespective of turnover if persons make inter state supply. hence your registration will become mandatory.

1 Like
avater

Bibek Modak

19 points

My business is only for entra-state.

Rajkumar Patel   20 May 2020

Rajkumar Patel

14 likes  248 points

It is not required to get Registration because you are not covered under E-commerce entity.

1 Like
avater

Bibek Modak

19 points

Thank you ..sir

avater

CA Akshay Hiregange (Partner Designate)     20 May 2020

CA Akshay Hiregange
Partner Designate 
 116 likes  1778 points

If you are conducting a business which requires a digital platform you're a e-commerce operator, although, unless you sell goods/services of another person and collect amounts through your platform, you need not deduct TCS. 

The mandatory requirement u/s 24 for e-commerce operator who is required to deduct TCS is there, notification 65/2017-CT was later released to ease the registration, and limit was brought in upto Rs. 20 lakh. (subject to certain e-commerce services, not the one mentioned in the question). 

Hope it is clear.

avater

Bibek Modak

19 points

Sir, I just want to sell my own products not else.
please tell me have I need any gst number for running my business through a application.

avater

CA Akshay Hiregange (Partner Designate)     20 May 2020

CA Akshay Hiregange
Partner Designate 
 116 likes  1778 points

If below Rs. 20 lakh not required. If purely supply of goods then Rs. 40 lakh limit available in the majority of the States in India. 

1 Like
avater

Bibek Modak

19 points

The application is also owned my me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »