GST Invoicing for freelancer

Hi,

I am working as a software freelancer for an Indian company, 'A'. The exports the services that I provide to a foreign entity. Our work contract is done in US dollars. As per the contract, I am supposed to get $20 per hour for the services that I provide.

So, my question is

a. Can I raise an invoice or a bill to this Indian company 'A' in USD and get paid in INR at applicable conversion rates?

b. What precautions do I need to take while filing GST returns ?

 

Replies (1)
  • Nature of Supply: Domestic B2B service (not an export).

  • Invoicing: Must be in INR for GST purposes; GST must be charged to the Indian company.

  • Returns: File as a regular B2B supply; do not report as a zero-rated export.

  • Client Benefit: The Indian company can claim the GST you charge as Input Tax Credit (ITC).

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details