Gift tax when transfered to spouse

Hi,

I've some amount parked in Yes Bank saving bank account which I'm thinking to invest but it may take some time. I'm receiving interest on that and as it's 7% the amount is big. I want to save the tax on this amount, so would like to park this money to my non-working wife account so that interest received is not taxable.

Can you please confirm if I transfer the amount to my spouse's account, does it has any sort of tax liability to her or me.

Regards
Manish

Replies (1)
even after gifting it intt income will be clubbed in your hands only.... deduction of intt on savings acc. is available upto 10000 under 80tta. you can avail this for little savings on your tax liab.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details