First experience

CA Kumar Mukesh (CA CMA FINAL and Advance Excel Trainer)   (6871 Points)

08 April 2013  

Thank god I have done it!!!!

I am from those guys who were sitting on last/second last bench in school life. Never took any participation in school stage shows, even in never read any chapter/lines in presence of teacher & schoolmate. Always fears from speaking in front of…… Totally fails to get this extraordinary experience from the basis route of learning. This also harassed me so many times in training period. Always make me think how I can move at least step, seems like I am frozen in myself.

But as I completed my article-ship, I compare myself what I have learned during this training period it reminds that this area is same vacant as before. After so many discussions with seniors, I decided to expose myself step by step. 

Recently I have done three Internal Audits of three Plants of a listed Company; on first discussion with CFO of the company he was very much impressed with my auditing finding but due to shortage of time he requested to me please comes again after 2 days to discuss issues in details.

THE DAYS I remember as Judgement Day of my life 

As I expected meeting will held with same person (CFO) & might be two/three juniors will be joined during the conversation. But Actually I was wrong. When I came into the office our client, CFO asked me to join their BOD meeting, I was very much scared when I entered into conference room more than 20 persons are already sitting & some joined also joined with BOM as I enter. As I told earlier, I was scared of in center & searching for corner empty chair.

After around half an hour, CFO announces let be first clear issues of our auditor & requested me to raise your queries. As I inexperienced I started from my chair, he again requested to me please come in front of all respected persons. The difference is all about just 20-22 steps, but during this it seems like I climbing on mountain & each next step gets harder-2 to take. From front its look like they all comes only for criticizing me only, I started from some simple issues, known by most of them, & looking at the wall and began to talk, instead of trying to watching person, to regain some confidence. But as times elapsed, I become so confident & started to raise some critical issues along with suggestions. Every one looking at me surprisingly how I manage myself to raise issue. Most of persons were agreed with issues & suggestion.

Finally meeting was over after more than three hours long discussion without any break, the MD comes with along with me & requested please do the same for other plants also, new assignments, previously done by some other CA-firm.

I thank my GOD gives me challenging task surprisingly to enhance my strength earlier was LIMIT