Financial consultant hired to file service tax return failed to do so.

Dear Friends,

I had hired a financial consultant for filing of returns (Income Tax & Service Tax). Few years back he failed to file Service Tax Return for one financial quarter , though the Service Tax was paid by me and I had forwarded the Challan to him in the respective month of that year. Professional Fees was also paid to him for all e-filing services for that year. 

Now I've received a notice to pay a penalty of 20000/- 

Since he was filing returns on my behalf, am I liable to pay the penalty or should I ask him to pay it. 

Please help.

Replies (1)

Just give me ur number ill transfer to my CA, he will give u the answer or else send query at https://ca4you.in/

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details