Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Filling income tax return ITR at new portal

ninadra (Others) (86 Points)

16 August 2021  

I am trying to fill ITR1 at new portal. However at TAX PAID section it is showing as 0/- as taxes paid, while in actual Bank has already deducted 18000/- tax on the interest of Fixed Deposite, the same is also showing at 26 AS and at "Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from Income Other than Salary"  section of the Income Tax portal. There are 2 entries at "Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from Income Other than Salary" section, I selected both entries but still the amount of tax deducted 18000/- is not reflecting in the final calculation.

Is there any bug at new portal?

Thanking you.

7 Replies

Baibhav Kumar (Student) (165 Points)
Replied 16 August 2021

I recommend that you should go for any 3rd Party software for ITR Filing.. 

1 Like

sabyasachi mukherjee (6710 Points)
Replied 16 August 2021

There is no bug.
initial problems are there.

jagdish chhugani (engineer) (125 Points)
Replied 16 August 2021

fill manually as per 26 AS, sometimes it does not pick automatically.

ninadra (Others) (86 Points)
Replied 16 August 2021

It does not allow to fill manually...As it is "Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from Income Other than Salary", I think it picks up from the entries only.

1 Like

D K Gupta (Service) (88 Points)
Replied 28 August 2021

You can fill it manually and claim also for this year otherwise it will not give you its credit in final calculation.

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com) (1394 Points)
Replied 31 August 2021

You manually feed tax data if not prefilled. 

Raj (na) (31 Points)
Replied 08 September 2021

I think I have the same issue.

TDS for FD was deducted in March 2021 which is also showing in Form 26 AS. However in section 'Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from Income Other than Salary', the amount of 'Total Tax Deducted' is showing a zero in portal. If I try to edit it manually, it doesn't have year '2021' in the dropdown to select. I have posted this query below - 

https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/fixed-deposit-interest-on-26as-vs-income-tax-e-filing-website-year-selection-580284.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register