ICICI

Filing mgt-14 for form mbp 1 for this year

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     21 May 2015

Geetha Gupta
Accountant 
 5 likes  276 points

| My Other Post

HI all,

In veiw of the recent amendment to the CA2013, in the 1st week of May 2015, is it necessary to file MGT-14 for disclosure of director's interest and shareholding in Form MBP 1. 

In the amendment, this is how this phrase appears : 

disclosure of director’s interest and shareholding

Will it be okay then to get Form MBP1 from each director at the first board meeting for the year and keep it in safe custody in the company from this year onwards?

avater

CS Rahul Kabra (CS)     22 May 2015

CS Rahul Kabra
CS 
 9 likes  111 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : Geetha Gupta

Hello Geetha,

According to Notification issued by MCA on 18th March, 2015, the Ministry has amended Rule 8 of Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers Rules, 2014. As per this amendment item numbers 3,5,6,7,8 and 9 of the Rule has been omitted. 

Item Number 5 deals with taking note of Disclosure of Interest and Shareholding of Director. Which is now omitted. According to Section 117 a company has to file MGT-14 for resolutions passed by Board of Directors of the Company under Section 179 and under Rule 8 of Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers Rules, 2014. Thus a company need to file MGT-14 for Disclosure of Interest and Shareholding of Director. However it is advised that record of MBP-1 should be maintained by the company. 

Also note that a Company is not required to file MGT-14 for Board Resolution approving Annual Financial Statements.

Thanks & regards,

CS Rahul Kabra.

Desai (CS)     22 May 2015

Desai
CS 
 3 likes  329 points

Hello

My interpretation on this would be :-

1) Section 179 (3) is the Board power that means , certain items needs to be routed through board and also by means of resolution.

2) Section 117 speaks aboout the resolution to be filed with ROC which covers section 179 (3)

now as per ROC Circular if the item no.5 from the rule is removed ( item 5 is under rule and rule is prescribed by section) than it means that items do not require board approval and board resolution .so there is no question of filing the mgt -14(resolution) .

The MBP -1 MUST BE TAKEN FROM THE DIRECTOR (as it is requirement of Section 184.)

Contrary view solicited

and also please suggesr on following :-

THERE IS STILL AMBIGUITY ON OMMISSION OF Item no.9 regarding RESULTS  , as section 179 (3) (g) is not ommitteed so  whether quarterly  and yeraly RESULTS  needs to be filed or not ??

*** THE TERM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ARE IN CA-2013 AND RESULTS UNDER CLAUSE 41-LA-HENCE THE QUERY

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     24 May 2015

Geetha Gupta
Accountant 
 5 likes  276 points

Thanks Rahul Ji and Desai Ji, for your replies.

Rahul ji, I am quoting a line from your reply  "Thus a company need to file MGT- 14 for Disclosure of Interest and shareholding of Director."

Whereas, according to Desai ji, it seems there is no need to file MGT-14 for the same.

Please clarify.

Further, yes there is confusion about whether to file MGT-14 for financial statements or not.

Regards,

Geetha

avater

CS Rahul Kabra (CS)     24 May 2015

CS Rahul Kabra
CS 
 9 likes  111 points

Ohhh sorry my bad, I was trying to say thus a company need not to file form MGT-14 fpr disclosure of interest and shareholding of director.

avater

P C Agrawal (Vice President (Corporate))     24 May 2015

P C Agrawal
Vice President (Corporate) 
 822 likes  8060 points

1) Company has  to take MBP.1 from directors as usual which is mandatory u/s 184.  However, Board resolution for noting the same need not be filed with ROC now in MGT.14 after the amendment.

2) Board resolution for approval of financial statements and directors' report still needs to be filed with ROC with MGT.14 since the  same has not been omitted.  What is omitted is resolution for approval of quarterly/half yearly financial results (which is required  in listed companies).

1 Like

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     24 May 2015

Geetha Gupta
Accountant 
 5 likes  276 points

Rahul ji,

Thanks again for this clarification.

=======

Aggarwal ji,

Thanks for your detailed reply about finaicial statements and MGT-14

Regards,

Geetha

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     25 June 2015

Geetha Gupta
Accountant 
 5 likes  276 points

Hi All,

Please, can someone confirm, whether this amendment, for not filing of MGT-14 for form MBP1, has been published in official gazette or not?

If so, when?

Regards,

Geetha

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     25 June 2015

Geetha Gupta
Accountant 
 5 likes  276 points

Hi All,

Please, can someone confirm, whether this amendment, for not filing of MGT-14 for form MBP1, has been published in official gazette or not?

If so, when?

Regards,

Geetha

ACS Anjali Jain (SERVICE - CS)     25 June 2015

ACS Anjali Jain
SERVICE - CS 
 31 likes  472 points

yes its published in official gazette

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register