Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Excess tax paid in gstr 3b

arsh khan (113 Points)

26 October 2021  
Hello All,
I have wrongly paid excess gst in 3b as compared to gstr1.
both taxable value and gst is more as in gstr1.
how to get back that gst that i paid by mistake ? and what would be the treatment of excess taxable amount that i feed as compared to gstr1 ?

 7 Replies

prasad Nilugal (Sr . Accountant and GST Practitioner . )   (7017 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

You can apply for refund by filing RFD 01 form on GSTN portal ( excess tax paid ) .
1) you have to certify from CA .
2) Application should be filled with in 2 years from the date of payment .

Sourav (Student) (23892 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

Agree with above

anil jain (Partner) (964 Points)
Replied 27 October 2021

No need to file refund.

best way is to show same amount (excess shown earlier) less in gstr3b as compared to gstr1 of next months till September of next month.

1 Like

arsh khan (113 Points)
Replied 28 October 2021

I did the same anil sir is suggesting. What do you think of it Sourav Sir ?

Replied 28 October 2021

To claim the GST Refund on Excess Tax Paid, you must file the form GST RFD-01 & attach the supporting documents with the form while submitting it. If the refund amount is more than Rs. ... Basically, you can attach, Challans, Credit Notes, Debit Notes, & receipt or copy of relevant GSTR Filings for that tax period.

Rajendra Prasad (Employee Private) (570 Points)
Replied 28 October 2021

Basically provisions has intended that any excess payment has to be claimed through Refund It self. In my view as there is a option and there is no revenue loss to the Government, can adjust in future returns with proper justifications.

anil jain (Partner) (964 Points)
Replied 28 October 2021

Pl see the table given in Circular No. 26/26/2017-GST to rectify the excess/less shoen in gstr3b.

You will find the reply that it is allowed to show less/excess value/tax in next month 3B to rectify the error.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags