Easy Office
LCI Learning

Excel at Excel....!!!!!(Ask anything and everything)

Page no : 7
(Guest)

hi : Khaleel i am very thankful to you i got a very good hand in excel because of now i am able to use all lookup functions as well as index function very comfertabily  now i want to perform various function through VBA function so please provide me the related info. i also want to know about  goal seaking as well  thank you         

hemant adhikari

Abhishek Agarwal (EXCEL EXPERT) (92 Points)
Replied 11 August 2008

Hi, Anishka your question is very vague ,

however i have created a macros which when u run on individual sheets will check the qty and if it is more than 1 , then will divided them into ones and will also change the gross block and opening depreciation . (assumed no additions / deletions etc).

Also please provide us a little more detailed explanation fo rus to work upon.

Please check the sum for each group as inserting row , may leave the additional row in calculating sum.

regards

Abhishek Agarwal

Attached File : 14 35 far - july.xls downloaded: 169 times

Anshika ( CA -Industry- Sr.Accounts Officier)   (141 Points)
Replied 13 August 2008

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for looking into the sheet

I just want to break qty with amount in opening bal in gross block . In calculating sum no row has been left .

Replied 13 August 2008

Hi Khaleel

Kindly tell , if we have used subtotals in various sheets of a workbook , then can Pivot be used to drive summarised info from these sheets. I tried it but it does not work

Replied 13 August 2008

Dear Khaleel

Can you please let me know , in case we work on some data in excel and save it , then agian make some updations & save it by different name . Now, my question is that is any way to know what are the differences in two sheets . My friend told me that it can be done using MS Acess. If there is any way  to it . Then it would be really helpful for CA's as many times we want to know the cause of differences in two excel sheets while verifying the work & manully it takes quite a long time.

Should u have any query kindly let me know

Thanks

Replied 14 August 2008

Anshika , it is tough call and even i would also like to have a solution for it .

Like in word "TRACK CHANGES OPTION " is also in excel , which u can use.

However in case u dont want that , then a very crude way is to use the command "=" . In excel if u compare two cell by using a equal sign , if there is any difference/mismatch in data , then it will show as FALSE.  U  can very will compare in a seperate sheet all the cells in new sheet with the previous saved sheet u will know the cells which have changed ie False. 

Regards

Abhishek 

Originally posted by :Anshika
" Dear Khaleel

Can you please let me know , in case we work on some data in excel and save it , then agian make some updations & save it by different name . Now, my question is that is any way to know what are the differences in two sheets . My friend told me that it can be done using MS Acess. If there is any way  to it . Then it would be really helpful for CA's as many times we want to know the cause of differences in two excel sheets while verifying the work & manully it takes quite a long time.

Should u have any query kindly let me know

Thanks
"

Replied 14 August 2008

Anishika , why do u require sub totals to be summarised . Pivot table can do the summary in the same way as sub total does.  The only thing u have to do is just bring all the data in one sheet.

" Hi Khaleel

Kindly tell , if we have used subtotals in various sheets of a workbook , then can Pivot be used to drive summarised info from these sheets. I tried it but it does not work

"

Gayathri (Chartered Accountant) (286 Points)
Replied 14 August 2008

khaleel please give me the link of file "excel basics'

Replied 20 August 2008

Hi Abhishek

The TRACK CHANGES OPTION & "=" option would not solve the purpose as u cann,t compare each & every cell like this . Is is more or less equal to manual work . I donnot know exact procedure but it is done by running query in Ms access

Replied 21 August 2008

Anshika ,

Will it be okay , if we compare each sheet in file 1 with the sheet in file 2 "having the same sheet name" and list the difference in a seperate file indicating the sheet name , cell ref and old and new data.

This can be done only through macros.

Will it be okay,

regards

Abhishek

" Hi Abhishek

The TRACK CHANGES OPTION & "=" option would not solve the purpose as u cann,t compare each & every cell like this . Is is more or less equal to manual work . I donnot know exact procedure but it is done by running query in Ms access
"

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" please tell me that how can i convert text into numbers & vice versa
like 500000 to five lakh &
five lakh to 500000
if there is any formula for this please tell me
"

Replied 12 September 2008

Hi Abhishek

The process of macro can be tried . Can you please tell me how to write macro to compare data in two sheets

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Bye & have a nice day

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" please tell me that how can i convert text into numbers & vice versa
like 500000 to five lakh &
five lakh to 500000
if there is any formula for this please tell me
"

Shailesh (Article) (25 Points)
Replied 27 October 2008

How to count no. of sheets in workbook ?

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 05 November 2008

hi khaleel i would like to ask about the data validation . suppose i want to make a statemnt of the assessment year 1993-94 the i am not able to have that assessment year and previous year data validation . so please do help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: