Excel at Excel....!!!!!(Ask anything and everything)

Page no : 7

hi : Khaleel i am very thankful to you i got a very good hand in excel because of now i am able to use all lookup functions as well as index function very comfertabily  now i want to perform various function through VBA function so please provide me the related info. i also want to know about  goal seaking as well  thank you         

hemant adhikari

Abhishek Agarwal (EXCEL EXPERT) (92 Points)
Replied 11 August 2008

Hi, Anishka your question is very vague ,

however i have created a macros which when u run on individual sheets will check the qty and if it is more than 1 , then will divided them into ones and will also change the gross block and opening depreciation . (assumed no additions / deletions etc).

Also please provide us a little more detailed explanation fo rus to work upon.

Please check the sum for each group as inserting row , may leave the additional row in calculating sum.

Abhishek Agarwal

Attached File : 14 35 far - july.xls downloaded: 169 times

Anshika ( CA -Industry- Sr.Accounts Officier)   (141 Points)
Replied 13 August 2008

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for looking into the sheet

I just want to break qty with amount in opening bal in gross block . In calculating sum no row has been left .

Replied 13 August 2008

Hi Khaleel

Kindly tell , if we have used subtotals in various sheets of a workbook , then can Pivot be used to drive summarised info from these sheets. I tried it but it does not work

Replied 13 August 2008

Dear Khaleel

Can you please let me know , in case we work on some data in excel and save it , then agian make some updations & save it by different name . Now, my question is that is any way to know what are the differences in two sheets . My friend told me that it can be done using MS Acess. If there is any way  to it . Then it would be really helpful for CA's as many times we want to know the cause of differences in two excel sheets while verifying the work & manully it takes quite a long time.

Should u have any query kindly let me know

Replied 14 August 2008

Anshika , it is tough call and even i would also like to have a solution for it .

Like in word "TRACK CHANGES OPTION " is also in excel , which u can use.

However in case u dont want that , then a very crude way is to use the command "=" . In excel if u compare two cell by using a equal sign , if there is any difference/mismatch in data , then it will show as FALSE.  U  can very will compare in a seperate sheet all the cells in new sheet with the previous saved sheet u will know the cells which have changed ie False. 

Abhishek 

Originally posted by :Anshika
" Dear Khaleel

Can you please let me know , in case we work on some data in excel and save it , then agian make some updations & save it by different name . Now, my question is that is any way to know what are the differences in two sheets . My friend told me that it can be done using MS Acess. If there is any way  to it . Then it would be really helpful for CA's as many times we want to know the cause of differences in two excel sheets while verifying the work & manully it takes quite a long time.

Should u have any query kindly let me know

Replied 14 August 2008

Anishika , why do u require sub totals to be summarised . Pivot table can do the summary in the same way as sub total does.  The only thing u have to do is just bring all the data in one sheet.

" Hi Khaleel

Kindly tell , if we have used subtotals in various sheets of a workbook , then can Pivot be used to drive summarised info from these sheets. I tried it but it does not work

Gayathri (Chartered Accountant) (286 Points)
Replied 14 August 2008

khaleel please give me the link of file "excel basics'

Replied 20 August 2008

Hi Abhishek

The TRACK CHANGES OPTION & "=" option would not solve the purpose as u cann,t compare each & every cell like this . Is is more or less equal to manual work . I donnot know exact procedure but it is done by running query in Ms access

Replied 21 August 2008

Anshika ,

Will it be okay , if we compare each sheet in file 1 with the sheet in file 2 "having the same sheet name" and list the difference in a seperate file indicating the sheet name , cell ref and old and new data.

This can be done only through macros.

Will it be okay,

Abhishek

" Hi Abhishek

The TRACK CHANGES OPTION & "=" option would not solve the purpose as u cann,t compare each & every cell like this . Is is more or less equal to manual work . I donnot know exact procedure but it is done by running query in Ms access

" please tell me that how can i convert text into numbers & vice versa
like 500000 to five lakh &
five lakh to 500000
if there is any formula for this please tell me

Replied 12 September 2008

Hi Abhishek

The process of macro can be tried . Can you please tell me how to write macro to compare data in two sheets

Waiting for your reply

Bye & have a nice day

" please tell me that how can i convert text into numbers & vice versa
like 500000 to five lakh &
five lakh to 500000
if there is any formula for this please tell me

Shailesh (Article) (25 Points)
Replied 27 October 2008

How to count no. of sheets in workbook ?

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 05 November 2008

hi khaleel i would like to ask about the data validation . suppose i want to make a statemnt of the assessment year 1993-94 the i am not able to have that assessment year and previous year data validation . so please do help