Exam preparation tip- memory retention-paper completion

IA & Risk expert (Freelancer) (198 Points)

21 May 2012  

THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR THIS TIP!

YOU NEED TO START PREPARING NOW FOR YOUR NOV-12 EXAMZ (If you want to do it my way)
(I am doing it for final CA group two)

Most common complaint by students is that the paper was too lenghty to complete.
How about the idea- brain was not trained for multi tasking??? 

In exam paper is left not because we write slow, its mainly because we think slow!!!

When you write as a part of your exam preaparation your brain is trained to write & think at the same time. The data also gets stored in your muscle memory.

The only way you can help yourself is by written practice.

Theory subjects-MAIN POINTS.

Practical subjects- Solve atleast two questions every time you take up a chapter. Ensure that the questions you choose to solve pose distinct problems & you solve them with formats!

enlightened HOW TO GO ABOUT MY WAY :enlightened
whenever you finish one subtopic do the following
     Underline the key points(i.e go through the matter AGAIN as if you were reading a news articel and underline the key words)
     Write them in the margins(only after you have underlined all the matter). You can copy the points there, its not necessary for you to remember all the points.

After a period of time following this habit you will observe that your retention power has improved.

Our brain thinks faster than our speed of writing, this gives us  the second and most important benifit: while we write our brain tries to recollect the content attached to the main point.
SO NOW IN YOUR FIRST READ YOUR BRAIN HAS ALREADY REGISTERED A TOPIC FOR THREE TIMES!!

Then when you are done with your chapter, do the following:
      Write the subtopics at the last page of the chapter / stick a STICKY NOTE for the following:
A flowchart of the chapter! Here you may mark the sub topics which were boring for you or you found difficult to concentrate. (SO WHILE EXAMS YOUR BRAIN HAS TO FOCUS ON A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER OR A PAGE TO KNOW WHERE THE ANSWER REALLY LIES)

Record all the important points in your own voice in your cellphonesmiley. This can be used as ON_THE_GO study material. Listen while waiting in  the queque, travelling or the best use for me is to listening to it instead of listening music just to avoid conversation with unwanted people wink.  It will be difficult to concentrate initially but later you will find it very helpful and you will find your concentration skill sharpening too. (double benifitcool)

(I also listen to it while shower. I am very use to it.... I have been doing this for many years and it has worked wonders for me)

Revision: 
   Revise all that you have studied within 24 hours! listen / write / read- do whatever your time permits!!!
   Re-Revise once in a month- This time be sure that you try to recollect all that you can. The points that you cannot recollect should be underlined again(now you have two lines below the content you dint remember)
   Re-Re-Revise-this should be written only! Even if there were no Double underline in a particular part write it. Our aim is not just retention, we want speed too!devil If you dont remember some points-underline again! You will have three underlines now in some content! its completely fine.. we were not born Einstein.. Our brain doesnot like certain things and just refuses to regsiter them.. accept it and move to next topic smiley
    LAST REVISION-Exam day :  DONOT THINK OF WRITING WHOLE PORTION!!!!! just read and recollect. Write only those materials that you still  couldnot reecollect  (probably one with three under-lines)