Easy Office
LCI Learning

English spelling

Page no : 2

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 08 March 2012

nice basics da ....

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 08 March 2012

Dear Arun,

Thank you very much for your words of appreciation.

I, too , had my schooling, upto the 10+2 stage, in a Bengali Medium School. Add to that my experience of interacting with students who decide to study their Honours course in English medium( hitherto studying in the Vernacular medium ) for various reasons; and you'll understand that these seemingly basic things are (were) not that basic for us - just as the case with you.

Often to my bewilderment I've noticed that some people who are well-conversant in the language would tell you what not to do for improving the skill-set required in our area of discussion; but seldom they would categorically show you the way to improvement. In this situation, I've found that going back to the basics for any number of times that one feels required helps a lot in our quest for learning. With this in my mind, I've shared this part.

In future, I would love to write a series on basic rules of grammar which, if followed regularly for say 30 minutes, will surely help people like us for whom the so-called basic is not all-that-basic. Please do tell me, if any such effort is welcome or not.

Thanking you again for your interest and appreciation,

I remain.

Regards,

SB

3 Like

(Guest)

Commendable....

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW

Dear Arun,

Thank you very much for your words of appreciation.

I, too , had my schooling, upto the 10+2 stage, in a Bengali Medium School. Add to that my experience of interacting with students who decide to study their Honours course in English medium( hitherto studying in the Vernacular medium ) for various reasons; and you'll understand that these seemingly basic things are (were) not that basic for us - just as the case with you.

Often to my bewilderment I've noticed that some people who are well-conversant in the language would tell you what not to do for improving the skill-set required in our area of discussion; but seldom they would categorically show you the way to improvement. In this situation, I've found that going back to the basics for any number of times that one feels required helps a lot in our quest for learning. With this in my mind, I've shared this part.

In future, I would love to write a series on basic rules of grammar which, if followed regularly for say 30 minutes, will surely help people like us for whom the so-called basic is not all-that-basic. Please do tell me, if any such effort is welcome or not.

Thanking you again for your interest and appreciation,

I remain.

Regards,

SB

Sir,

sure ur effort is much welcome.

All i would request you is that my english speaking, writing must improve very well

I should not feel shy because of my poor english any more.

Thanks.

1 Like

varahi (STUDENT) (2373 Points)
Replied 11 March 2012

so so hepful sirsmiley

thank u so much yes

smileyhappy dayslaugh

1 Like

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

I have got this example useful bhaiya.....so thought to share the same...

If you make an appointment with someone, you have an official meeting with him or her.

Example: We’ve made an appointment with our bank manager tomorrow.

When you fix a date for something then you choose a time for something.

Example: They’ve finally set a date for their house-warming party.

If you have a date with someone or you go on a date you arrange to meet someone with whom you are having or starting a relationship.

Example: Sandra and Tom had a date last weekend.

2 Like

Sumit Middha (Head (Fin.& A/c) M.COM M.A.(Eco) MBA CS Final)   (2453 Points)
Replied 13 March 2012

Its really very useful post for all.
1 Like

Calvin Brave (manager) (237 Points)
Replied 15 March 2012

Hello friends,

I often apologise for the horrors of English spelling, but it's a fact: To speak English well, you need vocabulary, a nice accent, and good grammar. To write English well, you need vocabulary, grammar, an understanding of punctuation and good spelling.

Best regards

Calvin Brave

1 Like

CA Anushree jain (CA) (1531 Points)
Replied 09 July 2012

good post sir

1 Like

CA Anushree jain (CA) (1531 Points)
Replied 09 July 2012

thanks for sharing

Prashant Rajput (An insatiable Learner) (889 Points)
Replied 02 August 2015

Keep sharing about English.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: