Eligibility for Actuarial Science
1) Should have completed 18 years of age
2) Should have attained any one of the following Educational Standards
A) Passed 10+2 (H.S.C) or equivalent with at least 85% in Mathematics
B) Graduate or Post Graduate with Mathematical subjects. For this purpose following subjects constitute mathematical subjects;
• Mathematics or any of its branches
• Statistics or any of its sub classifications such as Mathematical Statistics and Applied Statistics
• Computer Sciences
Any discipline of Engineering Subject in Science such as Physics or its branches. The admission under these groups will, however, be subject to following conditions:
The total marks secured in the subjects coming under the classification of Mathematical subjects taken together in all the years of the degree course not less than 55%. The content of Mathematical subjects content in all the years of the course taken together is not less than 50% of the total content. This is measured by the ratio which the maximum marks allotted to Mathematical subjects in all the years of the Course bears to the total maximum marks allotted to all subjects included in the examination of the entire course excluding languages.
C) MBA/PGDBA or equivalent in disciplines having mathematical/ statistical content. Each case to be examined on case to case basis.
D) Fully qualified members of following Professional/Educational specified:
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
• The Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI).
• The Insurance Institute of India (III) passing with subjects 81- Mathematical Basis of Insurance and 82-Statistics Full qualification would mean completion of all required examination leading to designation based on such full qualification such as ICA in case of Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. In case of Insurance Institute of India it would however mean AIII plus pass in subjects 81-Mathematical Basis of Life Insurance and/or 82-Statistics.
E) A student member of following actuarial bodies
• Institute of Actuaries, UK
• Faculty of Actuaries, UK
• Institute of Actuaries of Australia
F) A student of following actuarial bodies provided at least one subject
has been passed from these bodies
• Society of Actuaries, USA
• Casualty Actuarial Society, USA
3) The medium of Instruction in final stage of examination based on which admission is sought should be English.
Source : https://www.trumpandgates.com/index.php/actuarial-science-information/eligibility-requirements