e verification of ITR1

I have filed ITR1 but while e verifying the same, problem is there.
the mobile number on which I should get otp has been stolen so I switched off it. now if I update my new mobile number in income tax portal, I can receive the otp on this number? or on aadhar portal have to update the mobile number?
please advise
Replies (7)

Only after the Aadhar portal registers the new mobile number.

hmm & if I choose to send hard copy to CPC e verification can be skipped?

Yes.....

Or there are other option also... (for e-verification)..... like net banking, Prevalidated bank/demat accounts etc..

I think same number is for net banking as well. then will send the hard copy only
thank you very much for the information.

A good LAST option, indeed!!!

You can go to your bank ATM and generate EVC code for eVerifying ITR

The code remains valid for 2 days and while eVerifying press button that says I already have EVC code

now that i have only option to send the copu of ITR filed to CPC Bengaluru, its showing the status as ITR filed pending for e verification & on acknowledgement of ITR1 filed it showing

Please send the duly signed (preferably in blue ink) Form ITR-V to “Centralized Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru 560500”, by ORDINARY POST OR SPEED POST ONLY, so as to reach within 120days from date of submission of ITR. Form ITR-V shall not be received in any other office of the Income-tax Department or in any other manner. The confirmation of receipt of this Form ITR-V at ITD-CPC will be sent to the e-mail Id

On successful verification, the acknowledgement can be downloaded from e-Filing portal as a proof of filing the return.

THIS IS NOT A PROOF FOR HAVING FILED THE RETURN

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details