E-filed in wrong itr format

Dear Sirs,

I am a housewife and also doing LIC and Mutual Funds agency work. Last year I filled my return in ITR 4S after considered opinion of a few expert professionals (CAs) on the forum and got my refund of TDS amount without any problem. Accordingly, I e-filed my return for this yer also i.e AY 2012-13 on 18th June in the same ITR-4S. My Income is as below:

1. Commission Income from LIC Agency

& Brokerage from Mutual Funds                                      - 74,081.00

 

          Less Expenses of business  (15%)                     -  11.112.00

                  Net                                                                       - 62, 969.00

2. Other Income (Interest)                                              - 1,08, 956.00

                   Total                                                                 - 1,71, 925.00

3. Savings under Sec 80C                                                   43, 533.00  

                   Taxable Income                                             - 1,28, 392.00

                                                   (Hence No Tax Liability)

TDS made by LIC is 5, 497.00  for which I have claimed refund.

 

To-day I read an article in the Club's website titled "Overview of Amendments in Direct Taxes (Budget 2012-13)" by CA Ravi Agarwal and came to know that an amendment has become effective from retrospective effect from 1st April 2011, and according to it the "Presumptive Taxation" will not apply to Professionals, Commission Agents, Brokers or persons earning income in the nature of Commission & Brokerage etc.

Now what should I do?

Should I file a revised return in form ITR-4  ? If so, by what time should I do that ?

What about my previou years retun and the refund which I have already obtained for the previous year i.e. AY 2011-12 ?

Kindly advise at the earliest.      

 

 

Replies (1)

You got last year Refund then don't worry.

Don't file any retrun again.

But in future Pl select approprite form.cuz.ITR4 S is used for Presumtive 8 % profit only.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details