Driver Salary Tax Exemption

I am owing a car which is leased by my Employer to me. As part of associated benefits of this leased car, I am eligible to claim the Driver Salary every month.

I wanted to know that can I give this Driver Salary to my wife and let her pay tax on this as she is in lower Income tax Slab as compare to me. 

Please suggest. Thanks for your help.

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
Discussion on tax treatment of driver salary under leased car benefit. Reimbursement of driver salary is generally not taxable as perquisite. Query asked if salary can be paid to spouse for tax advantage; response indicated it is allowed as per discussion.

Reimbursement of expenses is not a taxable perquisites

Thanks for your reply and I understand that If I am put this drivary salary amount as reimbursement then it will help me to reduce my income tax.

My question was that...if I don't have a driver and I want to pay this driver salary to my wife and she pay tax on this. Is this something allowed as per income tax rules?

Allowed

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details