DOUBLE PAYMENT OF TDS

While paying online TDS Payment due to Bank server problem I cant  complete the full transaction & I again process that transaction but when I checked the Bank Statement I found that, My bank had  debited Twice for the same transaction. Now my question is How can I get refund or adjusted that excess TDS Paid. (TDS pertaining to financial year 2009-10) Please help me in this matter.

Replies (3)
  1. One solution may be you can contact the bankers for refund of payment made twice.
     
  2. Another could be request the person to whom you have deducted excess tax to pay you back. Which he can claim as deduction and claim refund.

 

Dear Bharat,

This may help u -

https://www.simpletaxindia.org/2009/03/excess-tds-deposit-refund-vs-adjustment.html

U Can adjust this excess payment to some other TDS obligations falling under same section while filing your ETDS returns. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details