Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Does failin students in mass ensur optimum output?plz coment

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

19 July 2010  
This time too;the results have been depressing. I dont know what's the logic behind all of this. From pass percentage of 25pc both groups before uttam agarwal came in. In june 2009;it got halved to 13pc;in nov2009 it again got halved to 7 pc; now for CA final old;it is 3.5pc;new course it 6.5pc.********************************************My question to all the ccittes and icai members are," Are the students who are giving exams now-a-days are fools,less hardworking than the ones giving 1.5 years back. The answer is No. But there is something wrong with the System. Yes, it's ICAI. ICAI last year had the excuse of recession and to match demand; they curtailed supply. But what's the excuse now? Recession has faded away.IS the reason behind all this be "hum toh pass hogaya, mera beta bhi 2007 mein clear hogaya; now we have to squeeze pass-outs so that our value remains intact or increases steeply. 1. In one interview they say no of practitioners have come down heavily. If a student takes 6 attempts to clear final; how can he start a practise straight away.He is anwerable to his family also. 2.Has the icai used the dreaded provision in CA act to curtail results?*************************************************************BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I NEED UR OPINION.DOES FAILING 97PC STUDENTS ENSURE THAT THE CAS THAT PASS ARE THE BEST; THE REST ARE SCRAP;AND SCAMS LIKE SATYAM WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.Or is it another way to increase their sources of income.

4 Replies

Replied 19 July 2010

3. Does this imply the people who passed in 2008 drank horlicks,bournvita,milo everyday and became einsteins and now-a-days CA students are all duffers. Eliminating options can't make results so bad. All of us know that ICAI is screwing the results. 4. My advise for all CA final old course; change to new course and PAY haftaa to the icai; just like ICAI MISTREATED PE2 AND MADE FUNNY PASS PC. OF THEM ; THE SAME IS HAPPENING AND WILL HAPPEN TO YOU ALSO.

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Its all irrational stupidity yaar. In the short term, Yes. It might turn out to be a money spinner and brand booster for ICAI. But in the long term, this pushes away from the CA profession. CPA from US is much more easy than CA. But still, it still has the brand and power that it can refuse ICAI for a tie up regarding mutual recognition of degrees. ICAI is hopelessly wrong by assuming that it can hold back the rot which has started and expanding due to ineffective regulation by short term approaches like Exam results, etc..... .

PS: If some one has a sibling or a close friend aged 16 to 19 who wants to do CA. Please tell them guys Not to.... 

Replied 19 July 2010

Surely; all my cousins who have passed class 12 or graduated; i have told them to go for ACCA or from australian CPA. If they wanna practise here; then they can come and give 2 exams.Easy naa! ICAI is rotting ever since that You know Who (icai president of 2009)started halving pass percentages from june 2009.

Replied 19 July 2010

This time too, students have been cheated. 3.46pc. what a joke!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register