Does failin students in mass ensur optimum output?plz coment

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

19 July 2010  
This time too;the results have been depressing. I dont know what's the logic behind all of this. From pass percentage of 25pc both groups before uttam agarwal came in. In june 2009;it got halved to 13pc;in nov2009 it again got halved to 7 pc; now for CA final old;it is 3.5pc;new course it 6.5pc.********************************************My question to all the ccittes and icai members are," Are the students who are giving exams now-a-days are fools,less hardworking than the ones giving 1.5 years back. The answer is No. But there is something wrong with the System. Yes, it's ICAI. ICAI last year had the excuse of recession and to match demand; they curtailed supply. But what's the excuse now? Recession has faded away.IS the reason behind all this be "hum toh pass hogaya, mera beta bhi 2007 mein clear hogaya; now we have to squeeze pass-outs so that our value remains intact or increases steeply. 1. In one interview they say no of practitioners have come down heavily. If a student takes 6 attempts to clear final; how can he start a practise straight away.He is anwerable to his family also. 2.Has the icai used the dreaded provision in CA act to curtail results?*************************************************************BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I NEED UR OPINION.DOES FAILING 97PC STUDENTS ENSURE THAT THE CAS THAT PASS ARE THE BEST; THE REST ARE SCRAP;AND SCAMS LIKE SATYAM WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.Or is it another way to increase their sources of income.