Easy Office
LCI Learning

A driver vs. fresh ca

Page no : 4

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 16 November 2012

@ Dev Pancholi, 

Rightly said that the little knowledge is better if utlized. 

Just refer the following reply ( if you have enough patience ) to query raised at caclub. Hope you will also contribute a lot for the benefits of CA Fraternities (after qualifying).

1.How will you vouch/verify Purchase return ?

- Examine in-depth to eliminate the possibility of fictitious purchse return for covering bogus purchases recorded earlier when such retun outwards are in substantial figure either at he start or at the end of the accounting year.
q. Here i did not understand the whole point.

2.One of the liabilities for a co, is : Receipt of capital subsidy

q. What do we mean by Capital Subsidy ?

3.In the audit of limited company , it is observed that purchases totalling rs.7,45,000 are not supported by vouchers.How will the auditor deal with the above?

ans: Controlled Items: See whether the items purchased are controlled items , which are purchased in open market without the backing of any document..

Pls explain the above statement and what do we mean by backing of any document??

4.In vouching of Postage and courier there is a point that Compare the expenses of the with that of previous year to maintain reasonableness.

My query is that what is the need of such comparision ..I mean transactions in a year can differ from those of previous years and based on those transactions the expenses on postage and courier may also differ.. so why exactly the need for such comparision??

5.In vouching of Travelling expenses see whether permission of RBI is obtained for expenses in foreign currency..

q What is the requirement of permission from RBI ??

6.In vouching of Preliminary Expenses:

Examine resolution of BOD and thhe power in AOA, in case such expenses incurred by the promoters have been reimbursed to them..

i did not understand the above point..

A big thanks in advance :)

----------------------------------------------------------

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

( Expert )
08 June 2012

FIRST OF ALL; APPROACH DISPATCH DEPARTMENT WHETHER REALLY SUCH GOODS HAVE BEEN RETURNED.

Other points :

There would be no "PAYMENT" to the creditor if goods are really returned.

Check the VAT no. registration and address from the buyer by calling him on telephone (as printed on the bill itself) where the transactions are really pertaining to him.

When series of such purchase return transactions are there; then ask purchase manager; why this has happened. Ask him the name of the person of the concerned party and his contact number to investigate further into the matter; if required.

Ask for list of approved buyers and if there is any doubt about it; discuss the matter with top authorities.
5. Ask confirmation letter from the seller directly.
See how long such transactions are being happening in the firm with particular parties.
7. See the payment terms. If these are on cash basis; then it may be a matter of doubt. Some officers of the company may use this tactic for short term finance of their own.

Message thanked : 1 times
----------------------------------------------------
Continuing the answer :

( Expert )
08 June 2012 Capital Subsidy is the amount which is paid by the GOVERNMENT to boost industries in a particular region.

( Expert )
08 June 2012 Many times some items are purchased in open market for example Vegetables you buy from the open market.
No vouchers is issued by them when you purchase.
If you ask; some "big" suppliers can issue you hand slips.
You can attach these (if available) with the vouchers to claim the expenditure.
An auditor has to be careful about the prevailing market prices of the commodities which are being purchased by the firm.

One may refer newspapers for current market prices. 
-----------------------------------------

( Expert )
08 June 2012

The question about need of Comparison !
Why you compare your marks with your friends when it is claimed that paper of a particular subject was tough ?
Why you compare your marks from one year to other despite the "fact" that you are one and same ?
Comparison is made to make one alert about the things.
If any expenditure is there and keep our eyes open about it; we make a control thereon.
If certain items are on higher side than the previous year means two things :
(I) Either cost of the expenditure has increased due to inflation (like petrol).
(II) Activities of the firm has increased.
Exceptional Reasons :
Misappropriation of funds by the employees.
Claiming fictitious expenditures by the owners to show less profits to pay less taxes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

( Expert )
08 June 2012 One can't go to abroad without having passport and visa.
RBI's permission is not required to go abroad.
When you get Visa; it means Government has approved your foreign journey.

( Expert )
08 June 2012 Preliminary expenses are incurred when the company was not in existence.
Hence in case of companies; such expenditure are required to be approved by the resolution.

( Expert )
08 June 2012

Please don't ask so many questions in one query format.
Nobody would be interested to "answer" or even read the query.
Don't you get struck when one blows various questions on you ?
Don't you feel "horrible" when question paper is too lengthy ?

------------------------------------------------------------

Ankit Hinduja

( Author )
08 June 2012

Sir your explanation to the first question is fully practical. but these points did not strike at all in my mind...

i think sir, when i join articleship training i will understand the subject AUDITING much better as these practical things are such that we get to learn during articleship training only.....(par aisa exposure milna bhi zaroori hai)

Am i correct ??
------------------------------------------------

( Expert )
09 June 2012 If you have zeal to get exposure; you can have it.
Now-a-days; internet provides that facility.
Without this; it was not possible to interact with "unknown" different people.
Many "big" persons have emerged from small towns.
You might be one of them (if you desire and work in that direction).

Am I right ?

Ankit Hinduja

( Author )
09 June 2012

Ya sir you are absolutely correct. I had never thought that i would be interacting with such good experts like you and many others on this site....

and sir here in Valsad there is not even a single class which provides good coaching(i mean for theory subjects its okay ..but we need a good teacher for practical subject), but as you said INTERNET solves this problem to some extent..

Like here in CA club my queries are getting solved and i get know many things out of the bookish knowledge...for e.g importance of articleship training ...

-----------------------------------------------------

Ankit Hinduja

( Author )
09 June 2012

Sir i would also like to share one more thing with you.. that is if i consider only studies
like i said here we dont get good teaching but i get to know more here on ca club....but on the other hands i have some friends in Surat who took coaching in "big reputed classes".
But when i asked them about various websites meant for students and even if i wish to discuss with them about ca journal or any other magazines, they are not interested at all..
they only say that our Sir has told to read these notes etc etc...aur exam ke liye itna hi padhna hai...
and finally even after paying thousands of rupees and getting good teaching they took minimum 3 attempts to clear IPCC.

-------------------------------------

Ankit Hinduja

( Author )
09 June 2012

But sir what advantage they have..like in Surat , there is good scope for articleship
(aapse acchha to ye aur koi nahi jaanta hoga..).
while here in Valsad work is very very limited (not at all good for articleship)

. and in Vapi there are only 1-2 good firms, and there also CA's work as full time employees ...and other practicing CA's are freshers...

I am saying all this because i am really worried about my articleship training and thats why in my reply said "par aisa exposure milna bhi zaroori hai"

Ankit Hinduja

( Author )
09 June 2012
------------------------------------------------------

Sir please dont mind ha...for my so many replies and bla bla...
par aapse interact karne ka mauka mila hai to ise haath se jaane bhi nahi dena chahta..

:) :) 

Replied 16 November 2012

One more query : 

KARANDEEP,CA,B.Com,CS FNL

( Author )

01 June 2012Case:

1. there are two property i.e X & Y.
2. Of property X, there are 3 co-owner.(A,B & C) having equal share.
3. Of property Y, There are also 3 co-owner.(A,Wife of B & wife of C).having equal share
4. Now as per there mutual understanding –A will transfer her share in property X in the favour of B&C,
5. for which A will get rs.30 lakhs from B & C.
6. Futher A will get the Property Y share from the wife of B & C in her favour.

Now the following query asire.
a).Is this family settlement is exempted from the tax.(any reference if any)
b).If not ,then what will be the tax implication.

For your help, take the value of X-Rs.90 lakhs & Y-Rs.30 Lakhs.

( Please See the the kindness of the Author) smiley

CA Paras Bafna

( Expert )
31 May 2012

To my view, show all the property including Cash ....as family property in the Deed/Document to be prepared for the Family Arrangement mentioning about the ownership and currently held by so and so person.
Distribute the same in the desired manner.
It is not necessary to show that B&C will pay to A, What ever cash B & C are having , the same can also be said to be of the family.

-------------------------------
CA Vijay Kumar Gupta

( Expert )
01 June 2012

Transfer of capital assets through family settlement is laiable to capital gains. Liable to capital gain either short term or long term depends upon period of holding.

----------------------------------

( Author )
01 June 2012

Dear expert, how to avoid the capital gain tax or minimize the tax.
and its transfer between the family members only and that to without consideration and received the cash last year and transfer going to take place in coming month.

How to do the above transcation.

-----------------------------------------------

( Expert )
02 June 2012

First of all; please inform how the above properties were acquired.
Whether these are ancestral properties or self acquired ?

( Author )
03 June 2012

these are the self acquired property.

----------------------------------------

( Expert )
03 June 2012

Whether both the properties are held for long term ?

----------------------------------------

( Expert )
03 June 2012 .

1. Whether A is having any other property (in addition to property X and Y )?
2. Whether both the properties are used for residential ?

------------------------------------

( Expert )
03 June 2012 Hint :
After "fixing" the problem on the above matters, please take the following points into your mind :
1. Calculate capital gains for Lady A :

Rs.30 Lacs

( for leaving 1/3rd share in property X )

+

Rs.20 Lacs

( 2/3rd share acquired in property Y from wife of B and C)

-

Indexed Cost of Property X
2. Now apply deduction of Rs.20 Lacs for acquisition of property Y

(from wife of B & C);

if applicable as per Capital Gains Exemptions

Note :
Since the properties are not ancestral hence it is not a matter of family arrangement because both the properties are already being assessed in the hands of different assessees.
If none of them is/are assessees or the balance sheets were not filed and/or no income were derived/claimed therefrom; then planning would be different.

( Expert )

03 June 2012

If still the facts are different; then whole working would be different.
I have assumed in the above working that it is not a family arrangement.
But; if one is interested to gift the property in favour of other relative; then to that extent it would be reduced ( then the sale price of property X would be restricted to only Rs.30 Lacs and Rs.20 Lacs would not be added).
Otherwise the "deemed consideration" would be Rs.50 Lacs as narrated above if not proved differently.

----------------------------------

( Expert )
03 June 2012

Capital Gains Taxation is one of the most typical part of Indian Income Tax.
More you discuss; more tax planning would emerge.

Replied 16 November 2012

HOPE THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH.....

(The student is all India Ranker in CPT and IPCC. The situation happened despite she was attending one of the best coaching class at Delhi. Now students can imagine what was the "real status"of the rest of the students).

I. am wondering what do u exactly mean when the beta of a company is 1 ??
2.Can the beta of a security be 0??how does that happen?
3.what is the beta for risk free security??

Please explain in detail coz i wanna get the concept....Thanx in advance..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Expert )
28 April 2011

If beta is one :

It means the stock prices of a particular Company's shares moves in the same direction where the stock market goes.

Suppose today index is up by 2% then the share prices of the company would also go up by 2%.

If the beta is .7 then it means the prices of the shares will move up (on either side) 70% of the relative market movement.

It means if the market moves to 2% upside; then the prices will move up by 1.4% of the shares of the said company (the beta being .7).

Hence less the beta; the market price of a company's share is not volatile to the market movement.

It means the market movement is not so affecting the prices of the share of the company.

The beta of a security may be O when there is no change in the share prices of a particular company - whether the market goes up or goes down.

This may happen when very few trading is there in the stock market of that particular shares.

Your Home Work :

Now answer the point no. 3 at your own.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sunshine

( Author )
28 April 2011

sir please explain what would be the effect on return from the securities and the related risk if the beta is 0,1 and above 1..

---------------------------------------

( Expert )
28 April 2011

Firstly, analyze my answer regarding first two points.

Then you will find the answer yourself.

Still if you don't find the answer; I will reply after one day.

If you find the answer; then write  it.
----------------------------------------------

Sunshine

( Author )
28 April 2011

yes sir i think i got it..i will write tomorrow..u please check and temme whether or not i am correct..

Thank u so much..tame shu saras shikshak chho..!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunshine

( Author )
29 April 2011

so we can say,

if the beta is 1..means the security of the company bears the same risk as the market does coz its share prices move as per the market index...

If the beta is 0, the market movements have nothing to do with the company's securities' prices...so there is no risk involved...

This is the case with goverment securities which we assume to be risk free(i assume no adversities in the givernment as in case of Libya at the moment..)..So, Government securites have the beta 0..Whatever be the situation of the market, return is guaranteed...

( Expert )
29 April 2011 Yes.

If you learn in this way; your BETA of going answer WRONG is 0 whoever is the examiner.

Sunshine

( Author )
29 April 2011

Soo Goodie Goodie...Thanxxxx

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: