ICICI

Debate- By introducing CPT icai has killed CA Brand

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER)     29 June 2010

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

| My Other Post

This debate will be carried out  on following Assumptions :-

1).        The Regular College Life play a key role in transforming a Teenager into

Manhood.

2 )        As Doctor’s are Care taker of Physical health of People of Country in the

Same manner C.A’S are Guardian of Economic ( Coorporate ) well being

of a country

3).        To succeed in a profession Practical knowledge , Tricks of  the profession are

Equally  important than Theoretical Knowledge.

4).        Personality of a Person plays a deciding role in contribution of that person into a

Profession.

Let us Begin

When an CA is working in capacity as a Auditor he is performing the Role of a Judge making judgements of the facts reported to him or investigated by him.

When an CA is working in capacity as Consultant He is performing the Role of Lawyer by Safeguarding Client’s Interest.

To be a Successful Lawer one has to do Graduation then Three year L.L.B and after that He works as an Assistant under a practicing Advocate then he gets the confidence and gets his First Appearance in Court.

To Be a Judge One has to clear Exam after certain Period of Practice in court I am not sure about this.

Now coming back to CA profession which is unique in many way It prepares an person to be a Executive, Judge, Lawyer, Manager, Educationist in Society.

Earlier Scenario :- Before Introduction of CPT People First used to do their Regular College Graduation and after that would  Join CA  course. They used to do articleship under a CA and simultaneously prepare for their Exam, Life was tough. Average Age of Clearing CA was to 26-27.

Positive Points of Scheme – Only  Serious, Learned Mature People who were most inclined to go to Practice used to join the profession.

CA students  Joining course were coming through a Regular Course till graduation having Matured Personality

Due to input of Matured Graduate Students focus was on self learning instead of Spoon feeding in Coaching centres.

Negative Points – As  Pass percentage was low there was little chance for a student to change carrer as he is already in advanced age.

Profession was not popular among masses especially in elite Metro Students.

CURRENT SCENARIO

Before Going Further We have to understand Current Public School Education system in India. That  does nothing to enhance Personality of a Student, It is a soul crushing process solely focussing on academic excellence in case of Metro and small towns schools ( Mostly )

Since Childhood to 12 th every thing is certain , planned by Parents and school ,  from boarding the bus to school and coming back from school through School Bus, No activity has element of uncertainty. Every thing is fixed so child does not learn. His learning does not get enhanced in absence of newer , tougher situations which demands Maturity, Courage .

It is only in College where he gets the Freedom and learn the nitty gritty of Society and art of Survival in the world.

Introduction of CPT

Postivit Factors – All the negative of earlier scheme were corrected, CA course become Popular and become Main stream Course, Revenue of  Institute increased.

It attracted the Best  Non science students of Good public schools or those who could not made to medicine , Engineering but have potential.

At the Young Age of 21-22 people started becoming CA Comparing themselves with M.B.A in return

Negative Factors -  Most Importantly it Depreived Students of Benefit of Regular College Education.

If  one is dummy he is sitting in home after 10+2 and just daily visit to Coaching Centre is his interaction with world, These  students does not fit to be a judge or lawyer at the age of 21-22

They are just fit to be a Mangement Trainee in a MNC

At a time when Coorporate crimes are getting difficult each day to crack remember Satyam, How many lifes have been wasted in scam which comes every 3-4 years,

Companies Blance Sheet shows erratic fluctuation even in A Group companies

Profession’s Image downgraded, In the manner it is no longer a Post Graduate Course at Par with M.D or P.H.D Level but equivalent to B.TECH even lower the M.B.B.S ( 5.5 Year ).

At the time where Company Managements are showing trunover in crores It is amusing that these kind of People are certifying their Balance Sheet who have yet to learn to walk independently or to buy their first monthly grocery or yet to found out source of their mother dairy Milk . Straight from prison of School or Mamma’s finger to a Judge deciding authenticity of millions. .

C.A Profession is not profession for Bookish Knowledge only it must emphasis an Mature Personality with lot of Experience of Real Life. As Soliciters or Judges have.

As per my view Introduction of  CPT has the same affect as launching of IPL in Cricket. More revenue, Glamour, Popularity  but less Substance, quality in Output.

PLEASE REMEMBER ALL OTHER PROFESSIONS ARE  OF REGULAR STUDY COURSE WHERE A STUDENTS GET ENOUGH EXPERIENCE BY LIVING IN HOSTEL FOR FULL FOUR YEARS.

SUGGESTION – I suggest only People with Graduation should be eligible to do Article Ship Just like internship in medicine. and Academic part of Course can be performed at the time of Graduation itself. So People does not  miss their regular Education  in this way. And they will be recruited as employee after Graduation.

This will take care of both scenario earlier CPT and Post CPT.

C.A DEGREE TO BE AWARDED AFTER COMPLETION OF ARTICLE SHIP OF TWO YEARS COMPULSORY AFTER GRADUATION AND CLEARANCE OF INTER FINAL. THIS WAY COURSE DURATION WILL BE OF 5 YEARS

03 YEARS – REGULAR STUDY GRADUATION + CA COURSE

02 YEARS -  ARTICLE SHIP AFTER CLEARING ABOVE

Any taker

2 Like
avater

CA Shiv Kumar Sharma (Practising Chartered Accountant)     29 June 2010

CA Shiv Kumar Sharma
Practising Chartered Accountant 
 24 likes  624 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Excellent Views.

All the views expressed are 100% correct and the same matter should be send the BOS of ICAI.

avater

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))     29 June 2010

Rahul Gupta
Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.) 
 1101 likes  8004 points

Agreed with You. Just few days back, we have not the smae bu similar issue on CPT to be clared even after graduation where many says it as wrong , but many also support this...........But in an overall, a graduate or even a post graduate also needs to give CPT to enter the course..........

Anyways........Good views and suggestion for the enhancement of CA, also evident by the fact that today Even Practsing Chartered Accountants hesitate to take a +2 person as a trainee, because he lacks knowledgeand maturity. So what'd the use of it...............A good debateable issue........

yogeshwar malhotra (partner)     30 June 2010

yogeshwar malhotra
partner 
 5 likes  112 points

I ALSO AGREE WITH THE VIEWS . THE CPT HAS KILLED THE TEEN AGE AND COLLEGE LIFE OF STUDENTS. I AM A STRONG BELIEVER THAT A STUDENT SHOULD SURELY ATTEND THE COLLEGE . COLLEGE LIFE AND THE EXPERIENCES IN COLLEGE GIVES VERY USEFULL LESSONS OF LIFE . WHICH SURELY HELP THE PERSON IN TAKING MANY DECISION OF THE LIFE. IT IMPROVES BOTH PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH OF THE STUDENT.

avater

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)     04 July 2010

MS SAMEER
CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR 
 874 likes  14933 points

nice one

avater

jose.p (CA in service)     04 July 2010

jose.p
CA in service 
 244 likes  1676 points

All ur arguments wont have any worth; as they will compromise with the labour supply of our exploiting icai.

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER)     05 July 2010

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

Dear Panesar

You are right, all over world Entry standards for any course are fixed as per requirement and nature of course.

It is done not to unduly pressurise an unwilling and undeserving student for that course and to maintain the quality standard of course.

CPT should be made equally tough as IPCC So that Students who could not clear it in 1-2 attempt can think other avenues instead of repenting later.

This way their most precious 2 years ( IPCC ) will be saved. As our country is highly competitive there are few chances in system to offer another journey except one is enough resourcefull.

Regards

avater

jose.p (CA in service)     05 July 2010

jose.p
CA in service 
 244 likes  1676 points

What i feel is that before CPT also; there have been thousands of CA passouts who have done less articleship or no articleship at all. I never buy the theory of ICAI saying that "ALL" dummy passouts have been kicked out by industry or practice. If so, the no of unemployed CAs would be so high. I have not even heard of ICAI cancelling the membership of any CA after it is found that he was dummy for whole/part of articleshop. This could be due to politics. Recently, one of close friend's cousin got a job at PWC at a metro of 60000pm+20000rs pm perks.He had already informed them that he hadn't gone to office even 1 day. So they made him undergo probation for 6 months at Rs 15000pm less to gauge his ability and then after 6 months gave him his appointment letter. That was after the transfer ban occured. He was not even a ranker.ICAI makes all sorts of rumours just to dissuade the perceived threat of CHEAP manpower supply to its voting members being disrupted.

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

Mr. Panesar

I am totally in agreement with you. Accounting as a profession has not gained that respect in our country. People like to evade taxes with little fear of Law.Thus their is less respect for Financial Community compare to other fields in Industry.

I hope young generation of this age will change these things. After all current student will be present of tomorrow.

I think the Legal Expenses of companies should be increased accordingly with their size, operations and turn over.

CA Community should force the Industry to bear the cost of  Acticle trainees and clerks. Now Indiaan economy has progressed enough . Old system of Guru shishya and guru dakshina is extreamly outdated concept with full scope of expoiltation by Mentor.

Why youth of India should be treated as cheap labour. System needs to be changed.

My argument was related to reputation of course with has been made a Graduate course in place of highly valued Post Graduate  Course which has ultimately affected the reputation of course.

We can not expect respect in society unless we have respect for each other. If C.A are not treating articles with respect they too are suffering in the end with poor service and low goodwill in industry.

If you share happiness it will increase manifold  automatically.

Regards

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

Mr. Panesar

I am totally in agreement with you. Accounting as a profession has not gained that respect in our country. People like to evade taxes with little fear of Law.Thus their is less respect for Financial Community compare to other fields in Industry.

I hope young generation of this age will change these things. After all current student will be present of tomorrow.

I think the Legal Expenses of companies should be increased accordingly with their size, operations and turn over.

CA Community should force the Industry to bear the cost of  Acticle trainees and clerks. Now Indiaan economy has progressed enough . Old system of Guru shishya and guru dakshina is extreamly outdated concept with full scope of expoiltation by Mentor.

Why youth of India should be treated as cheap labour. System needs to be changed.

My argument was related to reputation of course with has been made a Graduate course in place of highly valued Post Graduate  Course which has ultimately affected the reputation of course.

We can not expect respect in society unless we have respect for each other. If C.A are not treating articles with respect they too are suffering in the end with poor service and low goodwill in industry.

If you share happiness it will increase manifold  automatically.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here