Customer's GST number suspended

One of my customer's GSTN is suspended , I came to know about this when I uploaded GSTR1 return json file and error report was generated stating "GSTIN of recipient is inactive " .

What should I do ? Should I just continue to file GSTR1 by filing their invoice in B2C ? or should I wait, in case in near future his GSTN might get activated again .

What should be correct course of action in this situation  ?

Replies (1)

Communicate the same to the Customer and your jurisdiction officer regarding not reporting the Tax Invoice in GSR1 and wait till GSTIN validation. But discharge your liability through GSTR 3B. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details