creating gst liability in books

dear friends
I want to know how I create GST liability in books manually by which I adjust my GST paid in books
I m not getting cross entries for nill that accounts
Replies (2)

GST input tax credit (entry is made at the time of purchase), GST output tax liability (entry is made at the time of sale) to be mantained in separte ledger accounts. Every month one control entry can be made to adjust the input tax laibility with the output tax liability (control ledger), the balance tax payable, if any can be paid to the government in cash.

 

Yes... I agreed with Ms CA Padmasri Manyam.


As per GST transactions we have 3 separate taxes. So, You can create adjustment ledgers like IGST, CGST & SGST...

After You ll transfer with Journal Your Input and Output taxes to the Adjustment Ledger. After You can get Your details As ITC / Liability...

If Liability then Pay with Cash...
If ITC then C/f to next month...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details