Easy Office

CPA Australia

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : ishant

hi  CA rohith this is ur fellow CA , u have done cpa from australia is this help you in any way? 

really sorry for the late reply..had not logged in since long..cpa australia would only be useful if you have a work visa/ PR for australia and are looking to work in australia..

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Deepak Jain

Hi Rohith,

We are in no mans land it would be of great help if you can tell us how did the Australian CPA help you professionally. In the current competitve world is it worthwhile to invest a lakh rupee on the Australian CPA  and gain teh benefits of it?  

i hope my reply to ishant's question answers yours as well..

(Guest)

Hi Rohith,

We are in no mans land it would be of great help if you can tell us how did the Australian CPA help you professionally. In the current competitve world is it worthwhile to invest a lakh rupee on the Australian CPA  and gain teh benefits of it?  

Madhur Agrawal (article assistant) (22 Points)
Replied 22 April 2012

Originally posted by : Rohith NJ

Any one please help me for doing CPA AUST.how to proceed and when exams are conducted.How many attempts do we can give for the exams if not passed in first attempt.and how frequently the exams happen?

Hi Rohith,

MANEESH AGGRAWAL (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (83 Points)
Replied 12 June 2012

Originally posted by : Rohith NJ

I cleared CPA Australia in May 11. The material will be supplied by CPA Australia once registered. The exams are easy, there are 2 papers - 1  objective(to be taken online) and 1 is descriptttive. It is an open book exam.

Hi Rohith ! can you please guide me about the CPA exams australia.
Can the two exams be taken concurrently, & when these exams would take place? How early i am to register with CPA australia for relevant may exam dates?

Thanks in advance
Maneesh

Bharathi (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 23 June 2012

Hi All,

I did my studies in Australia and came back to India and working as Accountant here. Now  enrolling in Professional Level and taking exam in this October. Most probably I am going to take Ethics and Governance. If any one is going to take up this Subject or doing professional level please conatct me at bharathifam @ gmail.com.  We can study together...Thanks..

Rajat Gupta (assistant manager) (21 Points)
Replied 20 July 2012

Hi All,

My wife is a CA working for big 4 firms for last 8 years. She is in Audit. We are planing to migrate to Australia. I would like to understand what are the courses she will have to take in order to be associate member of ICAA. And what are the job prospects for her over there.

Thanks.

srinu (articles assisstance) (21 Points)
Replied 17 August 2012

I want to do CPA Australia.I Completed my CA.Please tell me the details how to approach. My Email id:dommeti.mohan @ gmail.com Thanks, Mohan.D

CA Rakesh Kumar (Partner) (46 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

Hello! Can we find the CPA study material for reference anywhere in Delhi Library or in the British Council Library? 

(Guest)

Anybody wanting the study material can mail me at rohitnj @ gmail.com.

Karishma (Student CA Final ) (24 Points)
Replied 28 September 2012

I am a recently qualified CA & have just acquired my membership from ICAI in last 3 to 4 months. I am planning to CPA Australia. i would like to know as i have just become a memeber from past 3 to 4 months am I eligible to give the CPA Australia exam and also I would like to know whether I am eligible for getting Letter of good standing form ICAI stating the following information:

• the date you joined ICAI
  • the date you achieved your current member status
  • the date your membership fees are paid until
  • confirmation that you are not a member of ICAI through another MRA
  • confirmation that you are not subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigation and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years

Can a freshly registered member like me get a letter ogf Good Standing or do i need to be a memeber for a certain no. of years to get one???

Also I need clarification on the last condition which says that one should not be subjected  to any disciplinary sanctions or investigation and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years. What do these 5 years imply?? Do I have to be a member of ICAI for 5 years before applying for CPA Australia exams?? 

Please guide through the above issues as i am really keen on applying for the CPA.Thank you.

Adarsh Balachandran (CA Article) (28 Points)
Replied 13 January 2014

Hi All,

I am a CA, wanting to pursue CPA from Australia and also migrate to Australia. I have a few questions in this regard:

1. I have requested got "Letter of good standing" from ICAI. How much time does this normally take to recieve?

2. Do I need to take the IELTS exam to apply for the PR?  If so, at what stage is it ideal to take it?

3. I suppose that Australia CPA board does the skill assessment. So does it mean that with a positive assessment, I can apply for PR visa myself and not need to go through any migration agent?

Replied 13 January 2014

Hi All,

I am a CA, wanting to pursue CPA from Australia and also migrate to Australia. I have a few questions in this regard:

1. I have requested got "Letter of good standing" from ICAI. How much time does this normally take to recieve?

2. Do I need to take the IELTS exam to apply for the PR?  If so, at what stage is it ideal to take it?

3. I suppose that Australia CPA board does the skill assessment. So does it mean that with a positive assessment, I can apply for PR visa myself and not need to go through any migration agent?

Dhawalswamy (Chartered Accountant) (30 Points)
Replied 18 January 2014

Hello Adarsh,

1. Institute might take 2 weeks to 2 months to issue Letter of Good Standing.  Keep on calling and reminding them at the numbers available.

2. There ae many occupations in which we can work.  So first you need to identify occupation from SOL.  If your occupation is assessed by ICAA or CPA or IPA institute, then minimum of 7 bands in Academic IELTS is required.  And if you want to apply as internal auditor then Vetassess will assess your documents and it doesn't require IELTS.  However for PR Visa, you require minimum of 6 bands in General or Academic IELTS.  So in any case you have to do IELTS. Just verify which module you will be needing General or Academic.

3. There is no need of migration agent.  Australian proceesses are very well documented and www.expatforum.com is a very useful website with lots of helpful advisors.  People are applying without migration agent because migration agent just helps in scanning and uploading docs and maintaining timelines.  He can't help your file move faster or can't even influence it any way.  Also, to manage all the required documents will be your responsibility and they will not run here and there for you.  Better do it yourself.  If you can study CA from ICAI, you can easily crack migration process.

Note: Entire migration process might take 6 months to 1 year.

Best of Luck.

3 Like

Replied 07 February 2014

Hi Dhawalswamy and All, Thank you so much for your advice. I have received my letter of good standing. I have one more doubt. I have done my BCom by correspondence from IGNOU under the MOU with ICAI.. wherein i wrote only 4 papers. Is this recognised by CPA australia as a valid graduation degree? Please advice on whether this will be a hindrance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: