Easy Office

company secretary career options

Page no : 2

sumant (executive-legal) (21 Points)
Replied 11 April 2010

Hi All,

I am a Qualified Company secretary having 15 months training exprience under a Company Secretary and have 6 months experience in one of the well known indian company. Now i want to set up my own practice. Therefore i am looking forward for help from all of  you for assignments.

Thanks.............

CS Jithesh (ACS,) (COMPANY SECRETARY ) (485 Points)
Replied 11 April 2010

Congrats and Best Wishes man.................... :)

Kuldeep Sharma (Service) (48 Points)
Replied 11 April 2010

Hi All,

I am Kuldeep Sharma, doing my CS management training. I would like to state that yes, CS as a profession is underrated and people are unaware of CS. I will tell you one experince of mine.

I was working with an MNC and one day my MANAGER asked me that what I was doing. I told him that I am doing CS. The very next question that I he asked me was that  "What is that & what they do?" . So, we can think of the situation.

I konw that a capable CS not only can take care of the provisions of the Comapnies Act, 1956, as normally understood, but also can play a vital role in the other fileds. However, this is upto us to capitalize the oportunities available in the market and not to blame the institute or others.

Mr. Kavin, surely you can be a Portfolio Manager once you acquire the relavent knowledge.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kuldeep Sharma 

Rajat Singhal CA,CS,CFA (Senior Manager (F&A)) (254 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

I totally Agree with you Kuldeep,

I think ICSI had to do something for the same, or we should join our hands and do something for the promotion and make people aware about the level of knowledge a Company Secretary has in his kitty.

Nagendra (Company Secretary) (46 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

If you have a professional qualification it doesn’t mean that you have to progress in that profession only. It depends on your interest. Interest will change. So whatever you do. Do with right conviction. Get the positive result out of it.

"Smooth sea doesn't make skillfull sailor"

Kavin (Emplyment) (149 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

Mr Nagendra,

Thats exactly i've been tryna tell .. good that there are so many people with similar views but what can we do to make the change ,,

is it in our hands ?? can we do somethin ?? probably write to the institute or something ?? 

Replied 12 April 2010

Yes Kavin now we should do something for this.....

CS Jithesh (ACS,) (COMPANY SECRETARY ) (485 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

FIrst Step the ICSI has to take is by changiong the  designation name from Company Secretary to Chartered Secretary.

Rgds

CS Jithesh

2 Like

Kiran Toshniwal (Practicing Company Secretary)   (142 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

Yes...I agree with Jitesh and Kavin.

CS should stand for Chartered Secretary not Company Secretary.

Replied 12 April 2010

“MAY BE WE SHOULD SENT BULK EMAILS TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ID ..  INSTEAD OF US TALKING WITHIN OURSELVES .. WE CANT LET THE INSTITUTE KNOW WHAT THE MEMBER AND STUDENTS FEEL .. IT’S THE LEAST WE CANT DO .. ATLEAST WE ARE TRYING”

EACH ONE CAN SENT A FORMAL, POLITE EMAIL EXPRESSING THEIR CONCERNS .. OR GIVE SUGGESTIONS .. I DON SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN THAT 

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ???

WHO IS IN ??

General: info @ icsi.edu 

Email for Students: dss @ icsi.edu

Email for Members: member @ icsi.edu

IF ANYONE HAS A BETTER IDEA, PLEASE FEEL FREE 

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

Hello,

The main difference between CA and CS lies in the area of training ie articleship. the exposure that we get durning our aticleship always puts CA in  advantage. Besides You will always find that in case CS needs to get into accounts, audit etc they should have additional degree either ICWA,CA etc. Besides the name only puts difference. Secretary - gives the impression as minutes, notices, compliances, Accountant gives the impression of accounts, audit numbers etc . I dont see trend changing Unless there is absolute shortage of  CA , ICWA , MBA finance only then people will recruit CS in accounting related roles and always prefer CS for compliance roles...

Nagendra (Company Secretary) (46 Points)
Replied 12 April 2010

Friends, we have to show what we are capable of, let us explore all the area where we can become expert. Even it may be tax field, accounts field. Nothing is impossible.. Don’t dig the well when u feel thirsty.. So get the knowledge and become master of all.

It's good Idea to have Chartered Secretary rather than Company Secretary

“Cold Butter on bred never tastes good”

Kuldeep Sharma (Service) (48 Points)
Replied 13 April 2010

Hi All,

Yes, I also think that CS must stand for Chartered Secretary and not Company Secretary. As rightly pointed out by Mr. Kavin, we all should ensure that we let that Institute know what we feel so that any right step can be taken in this regard.

I will be sending a mail to the said ID to ensure that I do my bit.

Regards,

Kuldeep Sharma

Replied 13 April 2010

Hello freinds if the Institute is not doing any thing, then we had to stand up now and take the initiative to make the institute aware that please wake up and do sumthing for this noble profession.

The institute shuld know what we are capable of and what all we can do.

I will also be sending the mails to the institute for this and will also request to every one of us to take this initiative.

2 Like

Replied 13 April 2010

DESIGNATION

N  A  M  E

Email Address

President

Vinayak S. Khanvalkar

president @ icsi.edu

Secretary & CEO

N K Jain

nk.jain @ icsi.edu