Communication on arrear demand intimation u/s 245

I got a mail from CPC demanding Rs. 14082 arrear for the AT 2007-2008. 

As per the original returns, I suppose to get Rs. 5000+ as refund. But due to incorrect MICR number the refund process was stopped. But, during this time I have wrongly filed the returns of AY 2008-2009 to the year AY 2007-2008 through online.
The IT depatment have taken cumlative of both returns in AY 2007-2008 and send me the demand letter.

Many times, I approached them(AO) and explained the problem and also given in writting ( + form 16 of both AY, demand letter, ITR acklment) . But seems like nothing was considered and they keep sending the arrear demand for the AY 2007-2008.

Hope I explained clearly. 

I am helpless now and I do not know what to do. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Replies (2)
Rectifiction u/s sec 154
Even i tried to submit rectification u/s 154, it asks cpc commuication ref. number. I do not have that, becoz for AY 2007-2008 i hav not filed through online.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details