Clarification on export invoice in regards to gst

I export software services to the US, and get paid with bank transfer in USD to our account.

I do not purchase anything in the process, so pay no GST tax on supplies and don't claim back any input credit.

When I export the software and prepare the export invoice for the buyer in U.S. do I specify the "Taxable Rate" as 0% since exports are tax free?

Or do I have to pay 18% tax out of my pocket and then claim back the amount later?

Thank you for your help.

Replies (5)
in the case of export , you have two choices either to pay no tax with bond or letter of undertaking OR pay IGST on your supply at applicable rate of tax. in both of situation you can input tax and output tax, if any paid by u, .
claim for refund of input and output
Required LUT BOND or Pay Tax and get refund.

How can I issue them an invoice for more than they pay. If they pay 1,00,000 Rs., then I have to issue them an invoice for 1,18,000 Rs with the 18% GST (and pay the tax myself)? How would their accounts balance with invoices not matching what they pay? Seems confusing to me.

Also the FIRC would only be for 1 lakh, so I will not be able to show that I received 1,18,000 which the invoice would show. So my accounts would also not match.

when you take refund it will show in your e cash ledger.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details