Claiming ITC on new Shampoo /Watch / cupboard purchase

I hold a business account on amazon India website and I am into stock brokerage commission business as sole proprietor individual . I do purchase lot of things from amazon India website for business and personal . ITC already reflecting on my GSTR-2A .  

Can I take ITC for the above purchases? 

I understand one can take ITC for purchase used for the advancement of the business. here I am a service provider,As a commission agent, I am giving service to the client so products used by me eligible for ITC or not ?

I am not trading /re-selling these cosmatic porducts or watches , all used for personal use only*

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores whether a sole proprietor in the stock brokerage commission business can claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) on items purchased from Amazon India, such as shampoo, watches, or cupboards. While ITC is generally claimable for business-advancing purchases, the key issue is whether items used for personal consumption, even if bought through a business account, are eligible. The consensus is that items for personal use are blocked credit under Section 17(5)(g) of the CGST Act and must be reversed, whereas items used for business promotion might be eligible.

If this product are given to your clients as a gift then are not take ITC. it is block credit. but it is use for business promotion then you are liable to take ITC
As per the Provision of Section 17(5) clause (g) of the CGST Act 2017, ITC on Goods or Services used for "PERSONAL CONSUMPTION" is specifically BLOCKED.

Since you are using these cosmetics products and watches for personal consumption, so ITC on these products is ineligible. You have to reverse it.

Regards,
Shivam RC.

I hereby want to report the Fake Likes fraud done by above  “Shivam RC” since last many years.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/fake-likes-fraud-by-quot-shivam-rc-quot--558215.asp

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details