Claimed excess ITC of Rs.434 in FY2020-21 .Should I file GSTR9 for correction ?

My turnover is less than 1Cr for FY 2020-21 .

1. I have claimed extra ITC of total of Rs.434 (217+217) (in pic below )

2. Also I issued debit notes to supplier which I uploaded in GSTR1 but failed to adjust the same in my GSTR3B due to which I am also getting difference in tax liability of Rs.1725 (862.59+826.59 )

To correct this mistake should I file GSTR9 or not  ?Or can these mistakes be ignored ?

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses whether to file a GSTR9 for the financial year 2020-21 to correct minor errors. The user has claimed an excess Input Tax Credit (ITC) of Rs.434 and failed to adjust debit notes in GSTR3B, leading to a tax liability difference of Rs.1725. The advice suggests filing GSTR9 and paying the outstanding amount via DRC-03, along with applicable interest on the reversed ITC.

File GSTR9 and pay through DRC 03 , whatever payable over all .

Interest  applicable  on reversal  of  excess claim of  input tax credit   earlier .

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details