Easy Office

Changes in invoice raised

Page no : 2

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA) (13097 Points)
Replied 21 July 2021

Further, if the original invoice is revised (retaining the number and date), interest has to be paid on the difference amount of tax. A debit note for the difference is a better option I think.

1 Like

Mackie (Entrepreneur ) (287 Points)
Replied 21 July 2021

Originally posted by : CMA Poornima Madhava
Further, if the original invoice is revised (retaining the number and date), interest has to be paid on the difference amount of tax. A debit note for the difference is a better option I think.

Thanks for highlighting the interest part Poornima! Think I will either raise a debit note or a completely fresh invoice of difference amount. :) 

Replied 21 July 2021

Also in case of raising the debit note.. how do

I pay the additional gst applicable on difference invoice amount? I will mention the details under debit section in gstr1 but what about additional gst payment?

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86220 Points)
Replied 21 July 2021

You have to raise a debit note with difference amount.
1 Like

Replied 21 July 2021

Originally posted by : CA Rashmi Gandhi
You have to raise a debit note with difference amount.

thanks Rashmi! I will be raising a debit note to them with the difference amount and applicable GST. 

where do I mention this debit note in return filing? 9B section in GSTR1 and if yes, how do I make the payment in additional gst in 3b? Will it b automatically picked and calculated from 9B section after gstr1 filing?

Replied 21 July 2021

You have to show such debit note in column 9B of  GSTR-1 . Tax on such invoice will be automatically picked up while filing GSTR-3B.

2 Like

Replied 21 July 2021

You have to show such debit note in column 9B of  GSTR-1 . Tax on such invoice will be automatically picked up while filing GSTR-3B.

Great! Thanks Poornima for the clarity and reply! 

Thanks to Sourav, Sateesh, Rashmi & Pankaj as well for helping and replying.

1 Like

CA. Sourav Sarkar (Chartered Accountant ) (24578 Points)
Replied 23 July 2021

Your welcome

Replied 24 July 2021

Welcome..,....My pleasure......

1 Like

Replied 28 September 2021

Welcome..,....My pleasure......

hello rashmi, would this be a debit or credit note. After raising the debit note to our client for the difference amount they claim that we should have raised the credit note instead. 

Can someone put some light on this?

being a service provider, If we raise an invoice of less amount and have to claim the difference amount from the recipient of our services, shall we raise credit note to them or a debit note?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: