Change pan card from partnership to society

venkata krishna reddy (chartered accountant)     17 December 2015

venkata krishna reddy
chartered accountant 
 37 likes  751 points

| My Other Post

one consultant apply PAN CARD for my client, but that person wrongly applied. actually the firm is registered under society but the consultant applied for PAN CARD under partnership firm, now i want to change PAN CARD FROM PARTNERSHIP FIRM TO SOCIETY. HOW IT WILL RECTIFY??


Deepa Rao (Chartered Accountant)     23 April 2016

Deepa Rao
Chartered Accountant 
 26 points

View Profile | My Other Post

The status of the assessee cannot be changed by way of rectification of the PAN Card. PAN rectification is limited to other details, like name, address, date of birth etc... but status CANNOT be changed. The old PAN should be surrendered, and fresh PAN card should be applied for. Later on, formalities like getting any TDS credit in the old PAN transferred to the new PAN can be carried out. If the deductor is not accomodative enough to refile his TDS returns, incorporating the fresh PAN number, then the only recourse would be to go to the appropriate TDS cell and trying to request them to give the credit to the new PAN number. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »