Easy Office

CAs employment

Page no : 3

C.A. Deepak Kakkar (C.A. Firm) (104 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Dear Sanchita

I appreciate your response but the problem is that nobody coming for further action. All members are interested to discuss only this issue as time pass.

CA ROSHAN (Partner) (93 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Originally posted by : kamlesh kumar patelcompletaly agree with you..although no reservation is given in CA result but it is nullified by all those PSUs hiring SC/ST candidate.

hi deepak

recently two guy i personaly know got campus placement in IOCL @ 9Lacs p.a, first is 4th attempter & second one is 3rd, their articleship was as good as dummy, not even able to speak two consecutive sentence of english. just because they are sc/st.
and here deserving members are struggling for 25k-30k

In campus only sc/st (in psu) & rankers are getting placed (& most of the rankers are either dummy, or half dummy)

at last i want to say icai should take currective step & change shortlisting norms so that deserving members can also get some opportunity

Prakash Ramani (B.com,CA) (276 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

its not candidates they are ca who pass in 3 to 4 attempts

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

If you feel opportunties not knocking your door, try some alternatives like applying for practise and taking coaching classes ; joining with a local audit firm ; doing any other value added courses etc.

Yes...Openings are always there, they just need to be properly regulated and organised. ICAI must do something constructive regarding this.    

In today’s time ICAI membership only is not enough. For getting quick job after receiving ICAI  membership following practical things are necessary:

1. More than basic understanding of accounting
  2. Good knowledge of Tally, SAP, ERP, IFRS, MIS working environment.
  3. Understanding of working of a finance deptt
  4. Good and practical knowledge of Taxation andother allied forms of taxation
  5. Positive attitude and patience.

Kindly appreciate if you are a new CA and have no knowledge of Tally or SAP or Taxation, then tell me why should I recruit you? You are good for nothing for me. This is the thinking of most of the employer these days.

Recently we had recruited 2 people (non CA but with good knowledge of SAP and ERP) in our finance deptt. at a package of 3.6 and 4.8 lacs P.A. and both were chosen over Chartered Accountants in an interview, having no knowledge of SAP and ERP.  

It is high time for us to understand the fact that membership of ICAI and ICSI is no guarantee of good paying job. So for a better career it is must to focus on good articleship. Also take note of demand and supply factor. New CAs are keep coming so it is imp to present something extra for recruitment.

This all fuss is created because of a bit less compensation offered to professionals. As per my experience still membership of ICAI and ICSI is a guarantee of good quality job. This job may be a less financially sound job but will surely pave way for long term financial and personal success.

So my suggestion would be along with doing CA keep learning other practical courses like tally, SAP, ERP etc and be an expert of all this for better career.

All the best

1 Like

CA Nilesh A. Vakharia (CA) (30 Points)
Replied 06 April 2012

Fully agree with CA Deepak. Some of my friends who cleared along with me in May,2011 are still unemployed thinking that they would not work for lower remuneration. Few are employed for 12K, 15K, 18K. Mostly, below, 25K. One of the greatest question of these unemployed ones is how they can secure job if others are agreeing for lower remuneration. I think there must be UNITY to overcome such situation.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 12 April 2012

Vaibhav Hisaria (Manager Finance) (33 Points)
Replied 14 April 2012

Dear All,

Its very sad to here that CA a professional degree which we get after a lot of hard work  and dedication and the return we are not getting as per our labour. now a days its almost CA are ready to work in 20000 and 25000 which is really bad for the industry. ICAI should think about the same as soon as possible because if the same trnd continues then its very difficult for the existing CA who are in job to survive becaue the management will be getting the same in low cost. I do  have a CV of more than 15 CA who are searching Job.

Replied 14 April 2012

Dear Mr. Vaibhav

Figure you are giving is much more than the figure for which chartered accountants are willing to work because they dont have any other option. Many CAs have joined at 10-20k per month because getting the so called honourable tag of CA, i cant sit at home for long having no work. There are lots of vacancies being posted on caclubindia as well as casansaar.com for experienced 1-3 years, salary offered is just Rs. 10-20 K per month. Can u believe this, i have a CV of a girl who has qualified in may 2003 exams & her current CTC is Rs. 5.20 lacs. 9 years post qualification experienced is getting just 43k per month.

It is really shocking for all of us. I have requested all new members to meet once & decide what to do to make the things better. I have received just one confirmation for this. But replies to this discussion are 38. You can see that all are ready to discuss, but nobody is ready to take a step ahead.

Warm Regards

Deepak

caameet (CA) (86 Points)
Replied 14 April 2012

well said bro.... i agree with your points 

you said CAs shouldnt work for low pay !!!!

but what would freshers do when they arent getting any job??

wouldnt they ready to work for a lower pay?

dont you think sitting home idle after  this premium cousre is even bigger than than doing CA?

i agree that 20-25 is too low for CAs

but is there any other option left for them?

i wanna clear one thing that even i am not saying to work for a low pay....but still there is no other option left with us???????

1 Like

Replied 14 April 2012

if there will be unity & nobody will work below that fixed amount, then i think employers will have to raise the remuneration being offered.

I agree with you that we cant sit at home idle after doing CA,

But if there will be unity, situation will be much better...what do u say?

caameet (CA) (86 Points)
Replied 14 April 2012

u r rite bro..

but do you think thats possible ???

we people can only chat on FB or comment on caclubindia..

even if i would say you to come at ITO for putting our problems before ICAI, you would say ..

ammmmmm....well shouldnt we plan it on next sunday??

dont you think so???

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: