Easy Office

CAs employment

Page no : 2

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 29 March 2012

Kindly read this story:

For most people, graduation is an exciting day - the conclusion of years of hard work. My graduation day... was not.

I remember that weekend two years ago. Family and friends had flown in from across the country to watch our class walk across that stage. But like everyone else in my graduating class, I had watched the economy turn from bad to worse my senior year. We graduates had degrees, but very limited prospects and without jobs. Numerous applications had not panned out and I knew that the next day, when my lease ended, I would no longer have a place to call home.

The weeks ahead weren't easy. I gathered up everything I couldn't carry and put it into storage. Then, because I knew my small university town couldn't offer me any job opportunities, I packed up my car and drove to Some other city to find job. But what I thought would take a week dragged into two, and then four, and 100 job applications later, I found myself in the exact same spot as I was before. And the due date to begin paying back my student loans was creeping ever closer.

You know that feeling when you wake up and you are just extreme with anxiety? Terror about something you can't control - that sense of impending failure that lingers over you as you hope that everything that happened to you thus far was just a bad dream? That feeling became a constant in my life.

Days felt like weeks, weeks like months, and those many months felt like an unending eternity of hardship. And the most frustrating part was no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't seem to make any progress.

So what did I do to maintain my wisdom? I wrote. Something about putting words on a page made everything seem a little clearer - a little brighter. Something about writing gave me hope. And if you want something badly enough... sometimes a little hope is all you need!

I channeled my frustration into a children's book. Beyond the River was the story of an unlikely hero featuring a little fish who simply refused to give up on his dream.

And then one day, without any sort of writing degree or contacts in the writing world - just a lot of hard work and perseverance - I was offered a publishing contract for my first book! After that, things slowly began to fall into place. I was offered a second book deal. Then, a few months later, I got an interview with The Walt Disney Company and was hired shortly after.

The moral of this story is... don't give up. Even if things look miserable now, don't give up. Two years ago I was sitting in my car drinking cold drink right out of the can. Things change.

If you work hard, give it time, and don't give up, things will always get better. Oftentimes our dreams lie in wait just a little further upstream... all we need is the courage to push beyond the river.

Best Regards

Ankur

rajesh h paliwal (student) (24 Points)
Replied 29 March 2012

Agree with u all, but this situation it for short time, and during this time do some productive things that can create oppertunities for u such as personality development, writing articles for professional journal etc. or do some short time couse.Think positively

1 Like

Saurabh (CS) (24 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

It cannot be termed as selfishness,  is somebody writes or suggests for decrease in pass %. This is the only measure, we can preserve and hold the dignity and value of CA professionals, whther present or future.

There were days when CA results were actually restricted to mere 3 or 4 %, even when few people opts for the course.

But now, ven when everyone is doing courses like CA, CS and CWA, the results have also been increased in the near past (despite of increase in demand in the market in the same ratio), rather the same would have been at the same rate as were used to be i.e. 3 or 4 %.

there is no doubt that increase in results have been much owing to increase in coaching facilities as well as demand of CA in the near past. But now, since last 2 years, the situation has overturned. The industries are not growing at the same rate, as the pass % is growing. Meaning thereby if a particular Industry which employs CA's grows by 4-5 % in an year, the ICAI is giving membership to much more than 20% in an year.

If this would be the situation, the days are not so far, when there would be so much CA in the market, that their value would be eventually none more than a B.com or graduate. In that situation, they will be unwillingly forced to accept a job of mere 10 - 15 k a month.

So, to prevent those traumatic situations, It is much better to restrict the result to just 5-8 %, so that the value of CA and its designation will have their own significance, status and respect (like that of IIT's and IIM's). This is the only way to protect the value of existing CA as well as future CA's.

For this, the examination standards are needed to be of bery high levels and also checking of results.

Hence, my sincere suggestion is that Results should come down considerably as per Industry's demand.

Regards,

CS Saurabh Madaan

1 Like

CA ROSHAN (Partner) (93 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

completely agree with Saurabh.

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

New members please opt for practise . I know it is not easy as it will take time but let me tell you it is much better than doing jobfor  at 20 K and being at mercy of practising CA who will just treat you like graduates and tell you to work  for 12 -14 hours in day

CA ketan khakhkhar (Chartered Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

i am completly agree with deepak...but we have to tell all these matters to the committee members of ICAI.....It may happen that they are not operating CA club India.........

C.A. Deepak Kakkar (C.A. Firm) (104 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

Dear All Thanks for your response..can all of us make change in the system..come on..mail me your confirmation so that i could write to ICAI regarding this issue..my email id is cadeepakkakkar @ icai.org Thanks in Advance
1 Like

Fatima (CA) (21 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

I agree with Deepak..the situation is just horrible.. the institute is proud to call itself a self regulated one so they should also regulate recently qualified ca s' issues too, instead of just leaving it upon us to search and negotiate in vain..and how do we come to know about vacancies, most of them aren't posting it online they're hiring through references..what if and most of the qualified candidates don't know about the available jobs or have any reference..

MaNThaN Shah (Student) (315 Points)
Replied 30 March 2012

Agree with chetankumar that icai should fix minimum scale just like minimum audit fees.
1 Like

Prakash Ramani (B.com,CA) (276 Points)
Replied 31 March 2012

i have see the candidates who getting 70000 to 90000 p.m.even  after clearing ca in 4 to 5 attempts.

so,experiance matters rather than degree.

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 31 March 2012

Dear Prakash Ramnani,

I do not know which dream world  you are living  I guess since  you are still studying you are not aware of job  market .  here fresh CA are struggling to get jobs and you are saying that students with 4 - 5 attempts are drawing salaries of around 90,000 pm . ... Please help new passouts They would be more than happy to get 50,000 p.m

1 Like

kamlesh kumar patel (ca final student) (24 Points)
Replied 31 March 2012

hi deepak recently two guy i personaly know got campus placement in IOCL @ 9Lacs p.a, first is 4th attempter & second one is 3rd, their articleship was as good as dummy, not even able to speak two consecutive sentence of english. just because they are sc/st. and here deserving members are struggling for 25k-30k In campus only sc/st (in psu) & rankers are getting placed (& most of the rankers are either dummy, or half dummy) at last i want to say icai should take currective step & change shortlisting norms so that deserving members can also get some opportunity
1 Like

RS (none) (298 Points)
Replied 01 April 2012

Elegant Marine Services Pvt. Ltd's Vacancy Details

Name

Elegant Marine Services Pvt. Ltd 

Job Title

CFO 

Mumbai 

Contact Number

022-67926110, 9820139703 

Required Qualification

CA 

Required Skills

1. Should be able to process salary ( portage bill ) of shipboard staff.
2. Salary processing of shore staff in India.
3. Attend to company's taxation matters.
4. Overall head of Finance and previous experience of working in Shipping Company preferred. 

Required Experience

5 years 

Functional Area

Company Matters 

Pay Scale

Rs.150,000/- to Rs.300,000/-p.a. 

Contact Person

Capt. Prashant Rangnekar 

Other Details

Email

prashant @ elegantship,.com 

Posted On

31 March 2012 

this job was posted on CAclubindia. The worth of a CA with 5 yrs exp. is just 1.5L-3L. This is what this profession has come to.

ca sanchita saumya (Chartered accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

HELO FRIENDS I AGREE WITH MR DEEPAK KAKKAR.I AM NEWLY QUALIFIED CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT QUALIFIED IN NOV 2011.I HAD ATTEND THE CAMPUS BUT THE PROBLEM IS MINIMUM EXPECTATION. THIS IS TRUTH THAT AT THE TIME OF FORM FILL UP FOR CAMPUS AT THIS QUES. MANY CA'S FILL IT 4-5 LACS.BUT AS WE R CA WE MUST MAINTAIN OUR DIGNITY.BECAUSE OF THIS IT WORSE THE MARKET FOR CA'S.WE MUST RECTIFY IT FOR THE COMING MEMBERS.

ca sanchita saumya (Chartered accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

IT IS MY OPINION THAT WE HAVE TO CREATE A YOUNG AND DASHING CA GROUP TO INTERACT WITH THE COUNCIL DIRECTLY TO BUILD A UNION.WHAT SAY.REPLY ME WHO ARE INTERESTED.
3 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro