Capital gain tax query

I received a sum of 4 cr for sale of equity of an unlisted company where I was a shareholder and had the shares for 7 years. The trasfer of the asset (shares) happened on Aug 01, 2013. I'm looking to buy my first house with the proceeds essentially looking for underconstruction houses/villas which will get completed over the next couple of years. Here are my questions:

1. Should I look for houses that will offer possession before Aug 01, 2015 or should it be August 01, 2016.(Sec 54F allows 2 years for RTM and 3 years for underconstruction houses)

2. What do I need before the due date: allotment of the house, registration or final possession

3. The builder is offering a payment plan where I have to pay 25% at booking, 25% in 6 months and rest 50% on possession which is in Dec 2015 if I book in Dec 2013. Does this mean that I will need to deposit the unutilized 50% (2cr) in CGAS in July 2014 (before filing this years returns)?

Thanking the experts in anticipation for your inputs!

 

 

Replies (1)

Any inputs anybody? Never knew tax planning could be so painful and confusingfrown

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details