capital gain

Dear Sir
my brother execute a deed of power of attorney of a plot in my favour in which sell power are given.Now I want sell this plot. whether consideration amount will goes in my brother 's account( principal ) or in my account (agent ) .If I want to keep that amount who is liable to pay capital gain my brother or I
Replies (4)

Capital gain is determined by the owner. Your brother is the owner so he will be liable to tax.

but I have received the money in my account. He has given me power to sell the plot and receive money. So my queries are
1. whether an attorney holder can receive money behalf of principal .
if yes whether attorney holder can keep that money and can utilise for his own purpose or he has to return it to principal
If attorney holder keep that money whether he is liable to pay tax
I will have to study, please wait.
OK sir

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details