ICICI

Cancellation charges of hotel

Pankaj Panjwani   14 October 2015

Pankaj Panjwani

4 points

| My Other Post

Hello All,

I want to put up a question for all the Lawyers. I booked a Hotel in Nagpur for my Marriage for 2 Days in December Month. Now due to some circumstances, we have planned to do marriage in Amravati. Now i want to cancel the Reservation in Hotel. We paid 1.5 lacs in Advance to Hotel for Reservation. 

We updated to Hotel that we will be doing Marriage in Amravati and we want to cancel the Reservation. Hotel says that you can cancel Reservation but we will not return any money.

Is this legal? Is there any law which governs the day-to-day affairs of the Hotel?

Please reqest you all to Guide.

Thanks in Advane,

Pankaj P.

avater

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey (Manager (Advance))     14 November 2015

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey
Manager (Advance) 
 61 likes  893 points

View Profile | My Other Post

This thing much depends on policy of the hotel. So first of all read what it says, regarding cancellation policy. If policy warrants for refund, you may go to consumer forums.

avater

CA CMA CS Ram Pavan Kumar Melam (CA)     08 December 2015

CA CMA CS Ram Pavan Kumar Melam
CA 
 372 likes  6670 points

View Profile | My Other Post

To advise a legal remedy, please confirm the below:

1. Did the hotel gave any receipt (evidence) for Rs. 150,000/-

2. If there is no such evidence, whether the mode of payment to the hotel is Cheque (secondary evidence);

3. Have you signed on any contract containing the terms for non-refund against cancellation?

4. Whether, receipt itself contains any such condition for non-refund against cancellation on the face of the receipt. If such condition was written on backside of the receipt, the same should brought to the notice on the face of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »