Can we resubmit income tax return before due date?

I have filed my return for AY  2012-13 on June 26, and now I found that i have made some mistakes in that. Kindly let me know how I can re-submitt my return after correcting all the mistakes.

Thanks in Advance.

Neeraj

Replies (6)

you are required to file a revised return by simply filling up with correct particulars in the revised return.

And as you have submitted your return in due time you can revise your return for indefinite times before completion of assessment.

Mahesh Garg had given perfect answer. Above details are correct without any doubt.

I totaly agree with manish. Yes you can file revised return.

Thank you all.

One more doubt... Whether I have to send both ITR-V forms (Original and revised)to CPC (Bangalore) or only I have to sent the ITR-V form recieved after submitting the revised ITR-1?

 

yes u will have to sent the ITR-V form recieved after submitting the revised ITR-1

Dear Neeraj !

I would like to inform you that you can file a ‘revised return’ immediately as you have submitted  the return in time.

The pre and foremost condition to file the revised return  is, that the ‘original return’ must have been filed in time as per the Income-tax Act.  

There is no separate form for the revised return. You can use the same type of return form wherein you are supposed to give the e-filing acknowledgement number of ‘original return’ and date filing such return.

It is to be noted that you have to send ITR-V to Bangalore  relating to the ‘original’ and ‘revised’ returns in time without fail.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details