Can I pass on supplier's GST bill to my client without adding my own GST

Hi Tax experts,

I have a question regarding GST invoice that I send to my clients. I buy digital advertisement from Facebook for my client. Facebook's Invoice is on my GSTIN and already has 18% GST on it.  When I pass on this bill to my client I add my charges too onto it which I do add GST. When I send the total invoice to my client, should I add another 18% on Facebook's invoice ? 

  Example is as below:

       1. Facebook ads cost which I bought for my client = Rs.1000 + GST(18%) =  Rs.1180. This GST is on my GSTIN since I bought the ads on behalf of my client.

       2. My charges for managing Facebook Ads for my client:  Rs.100.

When I invoice my client, it is obvious that I will add GST on my charges of Rs.100. My question is: should I add GST on Facebook's invoice which already contains GST ?

Thanks in advance for your insightful answers..

Regards,

 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses whether a business can pass on a supplier's GST bill to a client without adding their own GST on top of the original supplier's GST. The consensus among experts is that you should invoice the total amount (including the supplier's cost and your own charges) and add your applicable GST. You can then claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) for the GST you have paid.

Yes, as you have to bill totally (1000+100) ++ 18% GST.

You can claim ITC of your GST paid against GST output.

Yes I agreed.
Yes. you can pass on suppliers bill without adding own gst.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details