Can I CLAIM Unclaimed ITC as per ANNUAL TAX LIABILITY & ITC STATEMENT SUMMARY IN MARCH

As per TAX LIABILITY & ITC STATEMENT SUMMARY(FY20-21), it appears that I have not claimed ITC on many instances (months), the reason being these did not reflect in the respective month's GSTR2A, can I claim them now in March 21 GSTR3B.

 

Replies (9)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether businesses can claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) that was not previously claimed due to not appearing in GSTR2A. The consensus is that you can claim these unclaimed ITCs in your March 2021 GSTR3B filing. It's crucial to perform proper reconciliations to support these claims if audited by the department.

Yes you can claim ITC

Yes claim ITC and also make proper reconciliations for the same.

Thanks Sourav & Altamush Zafar. 

Yes you can claim ITC

Your welcome

I am getting this message when I entered anything more that is available in GSTR2B for the quarter (Jan-Mar21).
"The information entered by you in cells highlighted in red is in variance with the auto-populated data in table 4A. The input tax credit has been auto-populated based on the GSTR-2B generated for you. Also, please note that any variance above 5% of the input tax credit is in contravention to Rule 36(4) of the CGST Rules, 2017. Kindly recheck and proceed."
Can I still CLAIM all the unclaimed ITCs as per ITC SUMMARY (2020-2021)

Yes you can still claim. Prepare proper reconciliations so that you can explain to the department when needed.

Ok. I'll claim them. Thanks for your help.

Yes you can claim ITC but prepare reconciliation statement properly

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details