Easy Office

CA salary proposed 9L minimum from 2012! will it happen???

Page no : 3

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

so tejas what do you feel 9 lakh should be made compulsory or not..no explanatioons..just one word answer 

YES or NO?

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

@ mukul mehra:

Valuable comments, insights and constructive criticism from an HR professional like you, will certainly help students here who want to improve and get that 9L.

@ Priya:

1. If you can't sell what you got, it doesn't matter how costly or worthy it is.

2. If majority of the people enrolled in CA course are lacking efficiency (quite some don't prepare for exams properly), it shouldn't make the course tough.

Half the students don't prepare properly, just like in MBA entrances a lot of candidates give the exam for giving sake.

3. If ones bangs up his/ her head in books all day long, he/ she can easily (read easily), get good rank/ pass. It is not rocket science, and one can even do without analytical skills, just by learning like a parrot.

There have been cases where a less marker landed up with a job in campus than more marker. Why was that?

4. If you let the MBA students just to do cash flows, forget presentations, they can be as good as you.

I know some CA students who are just mugging up theories (QnA) from scanners (never read books), and fetching 60-70 marks easily.

I've been in classes of different courses, in every course every often (different) teacher blurts out, you are a student of XYZ course, this is not expected from you atleast, don't answer like layman. WTF?

Don't be a chauvinist, understand your flaws to improve and make yourself eligible for that 9L, or just be happy I am a CA, blah, blah!

Tejas (M.Com CA CS CFA (US) Prog. Grad..)   (354 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Honestly NO

I dont think every CA is deserving to get a 9 lakh starting package

9 lakh is a big amount. Only first or max. second attempt people with decent articleship experience (by which I mean no dummy and no timepass work at uncle's office) should get 9 lakh.

So essentially individuals must be rated and then given a package accordingly. 

Not some outright flat basic package of 9 lakh. Not every CA deserves it. I am a CA myself, trust me I know CAs whom you will not give even 4 lakhs, let alone 9 lakhs.

Nabeel (CA) (3288 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Its a very good move..... Hope this is true...... 

Replied 12 June 2011

well then tejas i hope you are right and that CA's do not get that salary hike and curse themselves for neither having a decent enjoyable life like MBA's and constantly worrying about the less results,articleship hours and BCom studies as well, while putting their 4 or more years of life  Nor at the expense of those, having a good paycheck.

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

@ Priya:

Instead they should read what Mr. Mukul Mehra said, he gave out the insight from the selector point of view. Compare this to comments of the person/ people who set the questions for CA exams or examiners who check copies, say what they need.

And, LOL, WTH! This is just campus, it doesn't ensure you're gonna keep that job forever. Even if the company offers you 9L, later don't like your work, they can always kick you out.

If the CA deserves it, he/ she will get more than 9L. Now even if ICAI implements this rule, they can at max. do that for campus, they can't make a law for every CA candidate for even off-campus selections. Even if they made a law, they can't force companies to employ every qualified CA.

And who told you MBAs have enjoyable lives and CAs don't?

Instead of worrying, take actions and improve your soft-skills from today itself. The attitude, okay I have become CA, I've conquered the world, or I'll conquer the world when I become a CA, needs to be changed.

And by the way, let remain soft-skills some CAs don't even have the hard-skills by which they can do CA works. Just ask a freshly qualified CA, who took dummy articleship, to file a return/ form a company on his/ her own. Now they can be learnt, right? So, when you learn it, people will pay you whatever you ask, if you're worth it. 

If MBA perks lures someone, they should preferably go for it.

I certainly can't digest the idea, people doing XYZ course just for the package it can get, not becuase it interests them.

CA Saket Agarwal (CA Final ) (42 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

I feel those who are interested in getting a low salary and get used by the MNC's its there take ..... AS per my personal opinion i would favour there to be a basic support salary.. and i feel Rs 9 lakh is to steep still for starter it is what should be.. as every thing has a value..... if u make a product that need expense of 3-4 lakhs in 3 years and the hard work and perseverence and all the out go that i value to be arround 12 lakhs so it is what should me minimum contribution to the 3-4 years spent on it.... even if somebody has any other opinion .. there light to my opinion would be appreciable....

Replied 12 June 2011

Originally posted by : Saket Agarwal

I feel those who are interested in getting a low salary and get used by the MNC's its there take ..... AS per my personal opinion i would favour there to be a basic support salary.. and i feel Rs 9 lakh is to steep still for starter it is what should be.. as every thing has a value..... if u make a product that need expense of 3-4 lakhs in 3 years and the hard work and perseverence and all the out go that i value to be arround 12 lakhs so it is what should me minimum contribution to the 3-4 years spent on it.... even if somebody has any other opinion .. there light to my opinion would be appreciable....

NO SAKET we are fools for supporting the decision that ICAI took (which it RARELY does for students) and by HR's and some CA's thoughts we should not get that package and just get 4- 5 lakhs which even average engineers dont find difficult to get and be happy that atleast we are employed!

Replied 12 June 2011

@ Saket Agarwal:

Nobody is interested in getting low salaries, even I want no less than a crore a month and have sarkari work routine.... But it's not my choice, is it?

Support salary is fine, but what if companies don't offer it? Let ICAI implement this and see the campus selection percentage from then onwards. If being CA is that good, then why this basic support salary?

Nothing has a value of its own.. I believe in being a utilitarian. Unless certain CA has benefits for me of atleast 10L, I can't consider paying him/ her 9L. Just like there would be someone paying500 for bucket of fresh water, but I won't.

@ Priya:

LOL. If I ask someone to pay you Rs. 9L, what charity am I doing? Nobody is saying CAs should not get that package. What is being said is, will and why will companies pay? Just because ICAI asks?

CA Saket Agarwal (CA Final ) (42 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

we should believe in ourselves... i am pretty strait forward on this... and though i am a student of ICAI ..... they should have a ethical standard for this..... If  i dont get it i would work for myself and keep all options open .. why to work for some than to have it own ur own ... when u have the calibre to clear CA , you have the calibre to set up things on your own .. what will happen even if u dont earn for 1-2 years... u having the backing of the knowledge annd self belief, u can do anything..... India needs entrepreneurs.. and we have the calibre .. whay say frns????

Replied 12 June 2011

Now I agree to that ^^^.. Well said Saket, if you think being CA is that good, you can do good too, and that too yourself! If you really have the talent, you can achieve your goals even without the crutches of ICAI.

1 Like

ayushee dey (CA Final Student) (161 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

If the message is true....then its a great move for the upcoming CAs...

RG(BCom,CA,CS,CMA,CFA,DISA,MBA (Professional) (1028 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

I agree with Priya...

Getting a degree like CA is itself prestigious...Hats off to such a profession!

Adding the words CA as prefix to your name increases your respect and dignity and differentiates you in a crowd....You say You are a CA and a warm salute from the heart of other person will be felt. When you say you are MBA, you need to explain that you are an MBA from this College or the other....

What is being done in the corporate world..specially consultancy (Investment Banking/Big 4 - Audit etc) - The client is just shown up a PPT with some stars around it...to beautify the same...and to mould the things which some people rightly said here that a CA can't do...(Thank God we are not good at this!)

i agree MBAs can do interactive sessions...can present PPTs...but is it the thing for which they are paid higher amount tha CA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden Words - "Getting entry into MBA is difficult but once you are in, you will complete for sure..." "But getting entry into CA is much easy  as compared to MBA but the exit is not cakewalk!! It takes lives!"

Risk - I hope everybody will agree with me that joining a CA Course is much moe riskier than trying for MBA...so where is the compensation for that additional risk taken????

Mental Capability - Appearing for all the exams consecutively judges your mental capability and i have seen the condition of the students worsening at times...

Hard Workers - Most of the CA Students take up the course after 12 class and appear simultaneously for B Com exams...whereas MBA is done after graduation...one degree at a time...

I personally find CA Course the best in its class...affordable for everybody...the only thing which this profession demands is dedication...hard work..time management...stress management...

It may be true that 9 lac may appear big amount to some people but the solution to this problem lies in fixing the scales of remuneration according to the attempts and the firm from which one has done its articleship...

Rankholders deserve even more than 9 Lac...the hard work done should match with remuneration so as to motivate the young crowd and generation to join this course....

yah..the person who has taken >1 attempt to clear may not be given this amount...

Further, the place of posting should be the criteria to fix the remuneration ; the cost of living being varying in different parts of the country..

But i must say each and every CA despite of no. of attempts should be remunerated at atleast 6 lac p.a.

Regards

2 Like

Replied 13 June 2011

I find it weird when one feels happy on lacking certain skill, which can be easily earned. How can some people be self-content on becoming CA? They create a mental block, that this is the zenith and I don't need to learn anything new, improve myself, overcome my flaws.

Also, don't know about you all, but there are people who raise questions like: CA kar rahe ho? kis college se? (Doing CA? From which college?)

It seems hard to find people who will come up and say, if CAs can improve on soft-skills, i.e. presentation, no one can touch them, that's why ICAI needs to bring such proposals. What I can interpret here is, CAs are no way capable of making a good bargain to get better package, so institute has come up to cap selections.

I don't find Rs. 9L too much anymore, after seeing CWG, 2G scams, etc.. ;)

Being a company, I don't care to pay more money to motivate people. Rather I will pay more to already motivated people. It is no way a part of CSR.

RG(BCom,CA,CS,CMA,CFA,DISA,MBA (Professional) (1028 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

We CA/CA Students and our instituion(ICAI) is like a family and as a father takes care of the family...in the same way our institution does....

It takes a lot of good initiatives for the overall betterment of the profession...and getting a minimum salary fixed is one of them....it sets a standard and a benchmark...

After rigourous study..one must be confident of getting certain minimum pay and there is no harm in fixing the same....

I guess we dont compare CAs and MBAs further...lets stick to the basic point about the minimum fixation of salary for CAs...Am totally in favour of this..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: