Easy Office

CA salary proposed 9L minimum from 2012! will it happen???

Page no : 2

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

and im telling u it is only dur to inadequate interpersonal skills and a low :-( emotional quotient that many international banks hesisiate to take CA's in investment banking field.....look at MBA's they have a certain charizma and lusture which sadly CA's lack.. only some have it in them... yet all others dont. but those who have it bag the top jobs..... nuff said

ps; visit this thread for investment banking releated queires

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=146614&offset=3

*PEACE* 

Anit Sharma (CA Final student ) (460 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

Hope ICAI will do this ..

Princes (CA Final) (243 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

In Near future a CA may be highly paid staff of an organisation. Mehnat kabhi bekar nahi hoti.

1 Like

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

Originally posted by : DS Chauhan

hope this will happen.............

(Guest)

good think bye tha icai for this

CA Aninda Chatterjee (ACA, M.Com ) (255 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

The amount of hardwork and patience the CA student put up, they derserve every bit of this proposed salary hike.

CA Saket Agarwal (CA Final ) (42 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

I beleive CA should have a basic limit and no body should be allowed to go below that level as it creates a monopolistic situation and cos. willl have to pay up... the worst part in a qualified CA is the lack of personality, communication and expressive attitude.....Technically a CA is more sound than a MBA but ....A CA need to have polished skills.... which no body can teaches..... its the innerself that brings out your traits...

Kamal Kothari (CWA) (169 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

I agree with Saket on basic point about most of CA's lacking on communication side. But this issue can be addressed and resolved , If ICAI takes another initiative to inculcate certain management programs which are not only theoretical but are equally practical. Such training needs to be rigourous by all standards and it should not be taken as just to finish it, but also it should be perceived by students as another milestone in their CA  journey .

1 Like

CA Rachit K Patel (Chartered Accountant) (1503 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

thanks a very useful information.

once again thanks a lot.

Rgds,

CA Rachit K Patel

Gayathri (Chartered Accountant) (286 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Originally posted by : Saket Agarwal

I beleive CA should have a basic limit and no body should be allowed to go below that level as it creates a monopolistic situation and cos. willl have to pay up... the worst part in a qualified CA is the lack of personality, communication and expressive attitude.....Technically a CA is more sound than a MBA but ....A CA need to have polished skills.... which no body can teaches..... its the innerself that brings out your traits...

agreed. ICAI should take steps to help students to improve their communication skills.

CMA. PRAVEEN V CA FINAL (cost accountant) (1402 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

really a good move...............thanks to icai for this move................ if it happens....

tony matthew (CA in Practice) (611 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Hope this will happen soon............

mukul mehra (B.com MBA-HR ADLL CS-Final LLb TCP)   (591 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

i am really sad and amazed that all my fellow professional friends are just asking for a package because they have done CA the so called Chartered Accountant no harms to anybody and any profession

in very first place those who are saying we are CA and we deserve this i am sorry to say don't over  estimate your self being CA means a complete package overall that doesn't means that if you have passed out a CA course guarantees you a high package job, its you who choose this course and this field neither the companies or the institute itself bound you to get into this course.so it is very sad that by using the word CA everybody thinks that they have done enough, i don't agree with those persons who have such a thinking rather i would like to suggest them something on this topic

i am also a CS final student and an MBA - HR professional(2 yrs experience in HR field in HUL).

i also recruited plenty of CA and CS in HUL. I conducted several tests and interviews and some personality tests on them apart from the CA knowledge for selecting them as a MT(Management Trainee)
 let me share my experience on salary hike for all Ca's and those who are demanding salary hikes just for the reason they are using the Word CA in front of their name

you know friends they are plenty of other things apart from your knowledge that makes you stand apart from others in the queue.there are several others things organization look in a CA and other professionals apart from his being a CA.

They look for personality, interpersonal skills, communications skills, drafting skills, crisis skills, effective management skills etc now let me elaborate

for the packagers who want humongous package of9-10 L

1. You got to be a hero and over all champ to fetch such a package because they are plenty other CA's to fight with you out there who has got something or the other additional ability that makes the difference of 19 to 20 and he will be selected as you lack such a skill

2. GD omg i took a GD of some Fresh final passed out students and i have to literally reject them all because the lack GD skills, they started pin pointing each other and started passing on personal comments and went completely off topic and whereas MBA students has got such a skills so they fetch such jobs easily as compared to professional students because CA students never took their GMCS and other training provided by ICAI seriously. so they have to pay for it in the near future a heavy price.

3. PI skills:- they also lack in PI skills because the reason is that dummy in article-ship and almost all the students try to source CA  for their mentors who turn out to be their uncle or aunty or near or dear ones. so, they never get  interviewed nor the got an opportunity to learn something and at last they again loose an opportunity to gain something, why not go to CA who doesnt knows you, just take the appointment from a good CA and get yourself interviewed by him and  give your 100% efforts to get selected as his article and work and learn for better

4. the most important this is the drafting skills which majority of CA students lack because due to their lack of efforts and not giving due importance to drafting field which is an essential element to be presentive among our board of directors and to convey them what you want to say, suggest or recommend to them. so be up for your drafting skills MBA's don't lack such skill because due to lot of practical assignments and project work they have to go through with and that polish them well enough to overcome such lack of skill

5. communication abilities they lack a lot as for CA  it is an essential element because  you have to represent your organization in front of various authorities as lack of such a ability and can harm you and your organization's goodwill.

so my friends the above skills which i recommended above you must possess them to fetch a good and higher package you cannot get a big package just being a CA you got to give the word CA associated with you a proper meaning and respect by raising your standards way above what companies expect the only the true meaning of the word CA will come out

so don't just say that we are CA we deserve a higher package instead raise your standard to such a level that the word CA which is associated with it gets a true sense and meaning of it and to do that you have to do a value addition in your self.that's the mantra to get a higher package and respectable position in the industry

"A CA WITH VALUE ADDITION IS FAR BETTER THAN CA WITH OUT SUCH"

so don't be demanding be rewarding for your extra skills you possess over others and that what an organization looks in a prospective employee irrespective of being a professional or non - professional

NOTE:- THESE ARE MY OWN VIEWS SO DON'T TAKE IT OTHERWISE IN ANY OTHER SENSE IT JUST MY OPINION WHICH I STATED HERE SO PLEASE BEAR ME IF ACCIDENTALLY I POSTED ANYTHING WRONG ON ANY MATTER OR ISSUE ABOVE.

2 Like

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

1. CPT pass% - 35%
  2. PCC - 15%
  3. Final - 8%
  4. Campus recruiting % - 35% (of those 5-8% dont accept their jobs)

So if we take 10000 Entrants we remain with 13 CA's(10000*.35*.15*.08*.33) who end up getting job at campus. Now if these lucky(or unlucky as per you) do not deserve 9 lakh then why ICAI says ours is a prestigious course! it makes entry easy but getting out difficult... If that is ICAI's fault that these 13 could not Speak better like MBA's to their boss then where should these unlucky students go?

Drafting,GD PI communication skills all can be can be developed even during probationary period or training from company. had it been that HR's were recruited after doing CA n not MBA i'm sure HR would have been saying - These MBA know very less about Technicalities of Law,accounts,tax..they are not that good in cost, FM goes right over their head!

i have seen MBA's Mugging up 10 cash flow  problems (which were the only problems)in their book because their sir had told them from this much it would be coming,and this was a good college of Pune! 

CA's have more dexterity in the technical and numerical aspects,this course was not designed to create people who can sweet talk their way up...it was created to do hard work again n again untill one finally succeeds.so you can never compare communication skills of MBA with CA,CA will always have that in lesser, but the knowledge that they have is immense...and if i know correctly it is the job of a Leader or Manager to bring out the best in an employee,isnt it? So MBA's should help out CA;s in enhancing their skills rather than suppresing them ...

so to sum it up Mr. MBA please pass CA having overall passing percent 0.13%(from entry till job-13/10000*100) then if you feel CA should not deserve this salary,i will agree with you along with many other students here...

4 Like

Tejas (M.Com CA CS CFA (US) Prog. Grad..)   (354 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Priya no one is comparing an MBA to a CA and please dont let this discussion go in that direction

MBAs and CAs have very different job profiles and it is outright stupid to compare them.

CAs have a lot that MBAs dont, and MBAs have a lot that CAs dont.

Mukul's points are somewhat valid. We cannot rest back with a CA degree and expect the world to raise us. We should improve on our faults too. No one is perfect and we should try to improve all the time.

Mukul, even in my GMCS I had a GD with a ranker in the ten people group. The complete nonsense that person was talking shocked us as to how can such a person get a rank. But then we realised that the CA course focuses on technical knowledge and that person may be good at it. 

The strength of a CA is technical knowledge and the demand for good payment is for that technical knowledge which no other profession has. Nothing wrong in that is there?

Priya The conversation here about MBAs is only about MBAs from top 25 institutes in India who are worth calling management graduates. The hundreds of mushroom management colleges that have come up all over the country which almost sell MBA degrees are not worth discussing here.

As far as drafting goes, proper english is learnt at school level and not at MBA or CA level. Both degrees cannot help horrible English which many MBAs and CAs both have.

No one expects an CA to promote and present their companies image. A CA is traditionally a backoffice service job. MBAs are supposed to make flaashy ppt presentations and thats what they do.

Priya also consider the fact that 3 lakh people give CAT, XAT and such other entrance exams every year and only a few thousand get into the top 25 institutes. So dont give statistics as a support for the CA argument.

Also Priya, please dont rely on ICAI when it says CA is a prestigious course. ICAI has not done anything to make the course prestigious. Anyways that is a different topic. My point is dont follow ICAI quotes blindly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: