Easy Office

CA salary proposed 9L minimum from 2012! will it happen???

Page no : 4

mukul mehra (B.com MBA-HR ADLL CS-Final LLb TCP)   (591 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

@ priya i am very unhappy dear about what you said about MBA above criticising MBA wont make your and other situation better i have been on both sides of coin and i know what is it being and MBA or a professional so dont ever dare to say anything for an MBA student what mugging up are you complaning about have you ever seen a course of an MBA - Finance student just go through the course of an MBA - Finance student and please first update yourself before saying anything against any professional course have you ever prepared a questionnaire in your life do you know what financial analysis is all about do you know what is the Post of CFO in an organisation? you know one thing where a CA finishes the work of making and preparing accounts thereafter an MBA finance professional starts his work of analysing and carefully reading the financial statements he is the one who take crucial decisions of sourcing and implenting the finance medium and he is the one who is responsible for taking crucial decisions about where to invest and where not to invest all plans and financial plans are being made by MBA finace professional you know one thing dear

let me tell you difference

MBA is more practical in thinking as compared to CA or CS or CWA because you all have been never told to plan out something but MBA always starts with planning you can all sit on chair and prepare accounts and know your work very well but an MBA is assigned a task which sometimes doesnt even relate to his field but he is expected to deliver it why because he know he is capable of doing it. MBA are jack of all but master of none in any or every position they are known as master of business administration clearly read those words master of business administration we cover the whole aspect not only accounting i have been working with HUL we have been assigned to design a method of concept called HRA you know that thats Human Resource Accounting know what CA can do on this nothing but we have been asked to design and implement such a concept in our organisation so tell me we are being thrown in such a situations which a CA or CS or CWA will never even expect in their whole life career because they are no doubt expertise in their field but we have been asked even to learn their field also. so the true difference is that we gradually becomes the think tank of an organisation. so please clear you basics first and then say anything against any professional course

if you are student currently which i suppose you are then you dont know what corporate world is all about

as person i always respect each and every profession but today i have to write a few against my principles because i want to be an eye opener for such persons who just want to capitalise the word CA instead they dont want to learn how to be CA because using the word CA and being a Chatered Accountant are two same words but have different meanings

RG(BCom,CA,CS,CMA,CFA,DISA,MBA (Professional) (1028 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Q. I find it weird when one feels happy on lacking certain skill, which can be easily earned

Ans - Am well happy on lacking the skil of not being UNETHICAL to fool the people...:-)

Q. How can some people be self-content on becoming CA? They create a mental block, that this is the zenith and I don't need to learn anything new, improve myself, overcome my flaws.

Ans - Nobody is self content here boss...we work hard in our professional lives to earn better..nobody gives anything for free....and the ICAI has launched system of mandatory learning hours for CAs...so just update your knowledge a little please...:-)

Q. Also, don't know about you all, but there are people who raise questions like: CA kar rahe ho? kis college se? (Doing CA? From which college?)

Ans - Ha ha..gud question indeed..the people who ask such question always think that CA is also done from the colleges which are found in every nook and corner of streets for MBA....CA can be done only after rigorous efforts and not like from any colllege by enjoying like large chunk of MBAs :-)

Q. It seems hard to find people who will come up and say, if CAs can improve on soft-skills, i.e. presentation, no one can touch them, that's why ICAI needs to bring such proposals. What I can interpret here is, CAs are no way capable of making a good bargain to get better package, so institute has come up to cap selections.

Ans - We CA/CA Students and our instituion(ICAI) is like a family and as a father takes care of the family...in the same way our institution does....

It takes a lot of good initiatives for the overall betterment of the profession...and getting a minimum salary fixed is one of them....it sets a standard and a benchmark...

Q. I don't find Rs. 9L too much anymore, after seeing CWG, 2G scams, etc.. ;)

Ans - By saying these words..you are disrespecting our profession..which atleast am not going to tolerate...so better shut your mouth..if you are doing CA then leave it if you think its a scam and concentrate on your MBA...

Q. Being a company, I don't care to pay more money to motivate people. Rather I will pay more to already motivated people. It is no way a part of CSR.

Ans - Mr. sid, i know this is not a part of CSR but giving low pay package to a professional like CA is going to cause dissatisfaction and imbalance in the mind of such employee which is again goin to cost none than the organisation itself..so better give him the amount which he deserves so as to keep him motivated ...else get ready to have a new candidate..

1 Like

Replied 13 June 2011

@ mr garg very rightly said that the topic is about salary hike of CA fresher but only for those who really deserve such a package nobody ever asked institute why 35% got selected only nobody even bothered to write a letter to ICAI to ask for clarification just keep on cursing the institute for not providing 100% campus placements wont make situation better and how you all going to learn that for package of 9L company or an organisation demands a huge capability in a person to handle even in crisis for a fresher this package is an injustice and unjustified for a prestigious organisation because an organisation has to incur a lot of cost on training and development of such a person and after that if they have been bound to pay 9 L that is something make ROI negative for them. as an HR professional i am only going to ask institute why i am going to pay 9 L to a person who has done a CA any good reason just for the sake he studied hard and he opted for the most toughest course in india(it is his or her option nobody forced you to choose CA niether institute nor Corporate Entities) i am sorry to say for these two reasons i will not make my organisation spend such a huge amount an gamble with the future

it just like spending money on the person for its grooming as well and also paying him such a huge amount you have to be an extra ordinary skillful person to fetch such a package because if you want an organisation to pay such then their demands will be on higher side and freshers might crack in such a pressure thats why i said Personality development and other essential skills are necessary to survive in a corporte world otherwise its a two day game for you and next day you will not be seen because placement and job gurantee are two different words. so please start grooming yourself otherwise

one good example i want to give is that one of my friend runs an hr Grooming Academy in rajasthan what happened was he was being outsourced the task of conducting GMCS on behalf on ICAI near about 15-20 fresher students who have just passed out their CA final exams never took it seriously and never went for it, they missed all the classess and the day after GMCS last day they got news that E&Y(Ernst and Young) is going to visit the campus for the placements and what happened there was when those student who missed the GMCS and in the very course of their CA student life never took seriously about the personality grooming aspect and one of them was good rank holder in CA final when their group went for GD and when the GD started the HR personell who came from E&Y was amazed to see that rank holders like him was just creating fish market out there no sense of speaking and sitting posture and dont know how to start a GD how address himself out there in GD and he got so angry he rejected the whole batch and nobody got the placement because what he said the hr professional from E&Y is that "they might be intelligent but they are still kids, they might be with extra ordinary minds but still they dont know where and how to use it" he also said that i was seeing that whether as professional they can gel well with strangers or not in a GD but instead they started fighting and in an organisation you have to be in harmony with your peers, superiors and subordinates. the CA factor will not work there nobody will give you sheer respect just because of you being a CA unless you gel along with them well and dont make yourself superior to them otherwise they will show you the door and thats the reality.

2 Like

Replied 13 June 2011

Originally posted by : Rahul Garg (B.Com,CA,CS,CWA)

Q. I find it weird when one feels happy on lacking certain skill, which can be easily earned

Ans - Am well happy on lacking the skil of not being UNETHICAL to fool the people...:-)

Q. How can some people be self-content on becoming CA? They create a mental block, that this is the zenith and I don't need to learn anything new, improve myself, overcome my flaws.

Ans - Nobody is self content here boss...we work hard in our professional lives to earn better..nobody gives anything for free....and the ICAI has launched system of mandatory learning hours for CAs...so just update your knowledge a little please...:-)

Q. Also, don't know about you all, but there are people who raise questions like: CA kar rahe ho? kis college se? (Doing CA? From which college?)

Ans - Ha ha..gud question indeed..the people who ask such question always think that CA is also done from the colleges which are found in every nook and corner of streets for MBA....CA can be done only after rigorous efforts and not like from any colllege by enjoying like large chunk of MBAs :-)

Q. It seems hard to find people who will come up and say, if CAs can improve on soft-skills, i.e. presentation, no one can touch them, that's why ICAI needs to bring such proposals. What I can interpret here is, CAs are no way capable of making a good bargain to get better package, so institute has come up to cap selections.

Ans - We CA/CA Students and our instituion(ICAI) is like a family and as a father takes care of the family...in the same way our institution does....

It takes a lot of good initiatives for the overall betterment of the profession...and getting a minimum salary fixed is one of them....it sets a standard and a benchmark...

Q. I don't find Rs. 9L too much anymore, after seeing CWG, 2G scams, etc.. ;)

Ans - By saying these words..you are disrespecting our profession..which atleast am not going to tolerate...so better shut your mouth..if you are doing CA then leave it if you think its a scam and concentrate on your MBA...

Q. Being a company, I don't care to pay more money to motivate people. Rather I will pay more to already motivated people. It is no way a part of CSR.

Ans - Mr. sid, i know this is not a part of CSR but giving low pay package to a professional like CA is going to cause dissatisfaction and imbalance in the mind of such employee which is again goin to cost none than the organisation itself..so better give him the amount which he deserves so as to keep him motivated ...else get ready to have a new candidate..

dear mr garg rightly said but one thing  i am also not going to tolerate anything you say against an MBA professional one thing i noticed abou you that above answers of yours shows that collecting all those degrees made you over proudy of yourself you know one thing MR garg i worked with lot of CA's some of the even work under me even one who has 15 years of experience but i never saw them saying anything like this about their profession because its now who you speaks its your worth and your capability which speaks being CA and MBA quite rather similar the only difference is the thinking some of the CA's are too over proudy and MBA 's are not because they believe in efforts not on speeches tckr

Aparna Raja K.C (Student) (520 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Really happy about it:)

(Guest)

why rules and laws again?...let the demand and supply decide the pack...

U]@$H $H@H (C.A.-Final) (267 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

my sir who completed c.a.  he offered 30lakh's package iN GULF COUNTRY......................

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Fully agreed with the views of Mr Mukul Mehra on E&Y topic and same is the position in other corporate houses..In fact many of the students are not even knowing the correct spellings...i found many incorrect spellings while posting new forums in caclub..with this kind of behavior and knowledge of writing how can one expect higher and higher salaries in big big corporate houses..? There is a need to change ourselves in all these issues first and then only can expect good package..

CS Bijoy (Expert) (6394 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

According to me in todays world 9lakh is not a big amount for the proffessional bt they only need to picked up all their potential which they have earned during the completion of the course.They can get easily the package as per their expectation. 

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Originally posted by : mukul mehra

i am really sad and amazed that all my fellow professional friends are just asking for a package because they have done CA 

so it is very sad that by using the word CA everybody thinks that they have done enough, i don't agree with those persons who have such a thinking rather i would like to suggest them something on this topic

NOTE:- THESE ARE MY OWN VIEWS SO DON'T TAKE IT OTHERWISE IN ANY OTHER SENSE IT JUST MY OPINION WHICH I STATED HERE SO PLEASE BEAR ME IF ACCIDENTALLY I POSTED ANYTHING WRONG ON ANY MATTER OR ISSUE ABOVE.

Where the hell i said that or in ur case Thought that i have done enough and want to sit in my cubicle doing no further develpoment. A CA has a high reputation and knows he has to maintain & uplift & work towards it continuosly!!!

These are ur views..Why are you jumping to conclusion? i never said about having done enough! as an As an MBA how can you be jumping to conclusion before actually analysing my words?

Originally posted by : mukul mehra
  1. @ priya i am very unhappy dear about what you said about MBA
  2.  dont ever dare to say anything for an MBA student what mugging up are you complaining about
  3.  have you ever seen a course of an MBA - Finance student just go through the course of an MBA - Finance student and please first update yourself before saying anything against any professional course
  4. have you ever prepared a questionnaire in your life
  5. do you know what financial analysis is all about
  6. do you know what is the Post of CFO in an organisation?
  7. you know one thing where a CA finishes the work of making and preparing accounts thereafter an MBA finance professional starts his work of analysing and carefully reading the financial statements he is the one who take crucial decisions of sourcing and implenting the finance medium and he is the one who is responsible for taking crucial decisions about where to invest and where not to invest all plans and financial plans are being made by MBA finace professional you know one thing dear
  8. MBA is more practical in thinking as compared . i have been working with HUL we have been assigned to design a method of concept called HRA you know that thats Human Resource Accounting know what CA can do on this nothing but we have been asked to design and implement such a concept in our organisation so tell me we are being thrown in such a situations which a CA or CS or CWA will never even expect in their whole life career because they are no doubt expertise in their field but we have been asked even to learn their field also. so the true difference is that we gradually becomes the think tank of an organisation. so please clear you basics first and then say anything against any professional course
  9. as person i always respect each and every profession but today i have to write a few against my principles because i want to be an eye opener for such persons who just want to capitalise the word CA instead they dont want to learn how to be CA because using the word CA and being a Chatered Accountant are two same words but have different meanings
  1.  you were also sad about CA friends getting a package.
  2. an MBA student of a college of pune (i will modify the post as soon as i remember the college name) who was my brother's roommate used to tell him that his professor told that from these ques ur paper will be set and they all used to mug up the problems(and that too cash flow! Pathetic),remaining hostelites were CA n they used to make a mockery out of him ...really i mean cash flow,a 12th Std topic being Mugged up!! and these person will become the heads , managers of an organisation! God help them.
  3.  FOREX Management , Multinational financial Management,Finance Markets & Services, Working Capital ManagementlSecurity Analysis & Portfolio Management  - CA final has all that and MUCH more combined in SINGLE subject with much more DEEPER penetration.     Business Laws, Quantitative Techniques,Accounts and finance for Managers Thesse also Fully covered by us..    And remaining are theory, and if Practical problems are being mugged then god bless theory subjects.
  4. There's something called Audit Planning , Questionnaire is prepared when we scrutinise the work of an organisation (glad i could tell you and increase ur knowledge)
  5. Financial analysis :) dont get me even started on that one ... Ascertaining the financial position of an organisation from key aspects like Ratio's of B/S items, cash fow, fund flow; Ascertaining an optimum capital structure(Btween all froms of capital viz equity , debt,pref  etc.) that will lead to maximum pft to shareholders,Calculating whether an investment (whether in an asset or investment,tangible or intangible or even a company in case of merger & acquisition) will be fruitful and also determining the fair value of the said project and comparison.(this all is not Copy paste!!!) i cud go on n on n on about it.
  6. Chief Financial Officer is the head person managing the financial decisions n risks of the corporation."The Companies Bill does not enhance the powers and duties of CAs. True, CFO is one of the key managerial personnel of a company. But no special qualifications have been prescribed for the CFO; CS  n CWA are obliged to have the prescribed qualifications."       The Sebi committee indicated that the chief financial officer of a listed entity need not be a chartered accountant, but proposed that the appointment should be approved by its audit committee. It said the audit committee, which comprises two thirds of an entity’s independent directors, will be responsible to ensure the top finance officer’s professional credentials. 

Even  Referencing of CA's (although not direct appointment) by  Corporate Law ministry & SEBI  is an ndication of the Trust they have on CA's skills.among many others CA mohandas Pai was a CFO, you can visit CFO GUILD of ICAI to view the CA's in this position...here is a job listing dated 26 may 2011

CFO (only qualified CA apply) 

2 Opening(s)

Adonis Staff Services Private Limited..                                                                                                                                                              NUFF SAID

7. CFO does that work and after above point i needn't say any further about CA doing ONLY accounting and not anything else.

8.lets see MBA HR(human resource) does not have Human Resource accounting in its syllabus!!!OMG!! and moreover you are asked to design such a new concept! that si sheer cruelty! and do i know about HR Acc. ? No ofcourse not! we have HR Acc. in our Final syllabus! bu8t since you are jumping to conclusions and presumin everything, none of the CA students read that chapter and know nothing about it being complete oblivious about their own syllabu8s!!!

9.Using the word CA? i dont think you can get use it, you definitely need to pass it and that requires complete knowledge . after clarifying in detail all above points  i want to ask the people over here reading that whose eyes are opened?

Replied 13 June 2011

Originally posted by : Priya

i am really sad and amazed that all my fellow professional friends are just asking for a package because they have done CA 

so it is very sad that by using the word CA everybody thinks that they have done enough, i don't agree with those persons who have such a thinking rather i would like to suggest them something on this topic

NOTE:- THESE ARE MY OWN VIEWS SO DON'T TAKE IT OTHERWISE IN ANY OTHER SENSE IT JUST MY OPINION WHICH I STATED HERE SO PLEASE BEAR ME IF ACCIDENTALLY I POSTED ANYTHING WRONG ON ANY MATTER OR ISSUE ABOVE.

Where the hell i said that or in ur case Thought that i have done enough and want to sit in my cubicle doing no further develpoment. A CA has a high reputation and knows he has to maintain & uplift & work towards it continuosly!!!

These are ur views..Why are you jumping to conclusion? i never said about having done enough! as an As an MBA how can you be jumping to conclusion before actually analysing my words?

@ priya i am very unhappy dear about what you said about MBA

dont ever dare to say anything for an MBA student what mugging up are you complaining about

have you ever seen a course of an MBA - Finance student just go through the course of an MBA - Finance student and please first update yourself before saying anything against any professional course

have you ever prepared a questionnaire in your life

do you know what financial analysis is all about

do you know what is the Post of CFO in an organisation?

you know one thing where a CA finishes the work of making and preparing accounts thereafter an MBA finance professional starts his work of analysing and carefully reading the financial statements he is the one who take crucial decisions of sourcing and implenting the finance medium and he is the one who is responsible for taking crucial decisions about where to invest and where not to invest all plans and financial plans are being made by MBA finace professional you know one thing dear

MBA is more practical in thinking as compared . i have been working with HUL we have been assigned to design a method of concept called HRA you know that thats Human Resource Accounting know what CA can do on this nothing but we have been asked to design and implement such a concept in our organisation so tell me we are being thrown in such a situations which a CA or CS or CWA will never even expect in their whole life career because they are no doubt expertise in their field but we have been asked even to learn their field also. so the true difference is that we gradually becomes the think tank of an organisation. so please clear you basics first and then say anything against any professional course

as person i always respect each and every profession but today i have to write a few against my principles because i want to be an eye opener for such persons who just want to capitalise the word CA instead they dont want to learn how to be CA because using the word CA and being a Chatered Accountant are two same words but have different meanings

you were also sad about CA friends getting a package.

a college of pune

FOREX Management , Multinational financial Management,Finance Markets & Services, Working Capital ManagementlSecurity Analysis & Portfolio Management  - CA final has all that and MUCH more combined in SINGLE subject with much more DEEPER penetration.     Business Laws, Quantitative Techniques,Accounts and finance for Managers Thesse also Fully covered by us..    And remaining are theory, and if Practical problems are being mugged then god bless theory subjects.

There's something called Audit Planning , Questionnaire is prepared when we scrutinise the work of an organisation (glad i could tell you and increase ur knowledge)

Financial analysis  dont get me even started on that one ... Ascertaining the financial position of an organisation from key aspects like Ratio's of B/S items, cash fow, fund flow; Ascertaining an optimum capital structure(Btween all froms of capital viz equity , debt,pref  etc.) that will lead to maximum pft to shareholders,Calculating whether an investment (whether in an asset or investment,tangible or intangible or even a company in case of merger & acquisition) will be fruitful and also determining the fair value of the said project and comparison.(this all is not Copy paste!!!) i cud go on n on n on about it.

Chief Financial Officer is the head person managing the financial decisions n risks of the corporation."The Companies Bill does not enhance the powers and duties of CAs. True, CFO is one of the key managerial personnel of a company. But no special qualifications have been prescribed for the CFO; CS  n CWA are obliged to have the prescribed qualifications."       The Sebi committee indicated that the chief financial officer of a listed entity need not be a chartered accountant, but proposed that the appointment should be approved by its audit committee. It said the audit committee, which comprises two thirds of an entity’s independent directors, will be responsible to ensure the top finance officer’s professional credentials. 
 Even  Referencing of CA's (although not direct appointment) by  Corporate Law ministry & SEBI  is an ndication of the Trust they have on CA's skills.                                CA mohandas pai was a CFO...here is a job listing dated 26 may 2011

2 Opening(s)

Adonis Staff Services Private Limited..                                                         NUFF SAID

7. CFO does that work and after above point i needn't say any further about CA doing ONLY accounting and not anything else.

8.lets see MBA HR(human resource) does not have Human Resource accounting in its syllabus!!!OMG!! and moreover you are asked to design such a new concept! that si sheer cruelty! and do i know about HR Acc. ? No ofcourse not! we have HR Acc. in our Final syllabus! bu8t since you are jumping to conclusions and presumin everything, none of the CA students read that chapter and know nothing about it being complete oblivious about their own syllabu8s!!!

9.Using the word CA? i dont think you can get use it, you definitely need to pass it and that requires complete knowledge . after clarifying in detail all above points  i want to ask the people over here reading that whose eyes are opened?

check ur sources girl i dnt know from where you are extracting such a data CFO has nothing to do with a CA the acc*ntants are not planners ok get me correct financial planners and auditors are two different aspect and i aint jumping to any conclusions you all are too over proudy and still kiddish in your behaviour with that type of attitude you will not even survive a single day in a corporate world

yes thats what i am saying you provided the course content girl you have that all in one subject as u mentioned , no deeper penetration required by CA's ok MBA finance people has got all to do with a single seperate subject to study and that requires deeper penetration not a single subject with all the four subjects in it just like in CA final yes CA's are only there for accounting and auditing reports but financial planners in HUL and even in Reliance only MBA finance holder gets to be Head of Finance not  a CA.

dumb really dumb only CA CA whats with that haan what you have done a CA i have plenty of CA's ok i know what there reputation is all about so dont make say something which reveals the truth in front of you ok i direct lot of CA's in HUL ok so please dont give such CA CA verdict again ok you are no gods to any organisation and even we treat a CA and others alike in an organisation

so immature

CA final has all that and MUCH more combined in SINGLE subject with much more DEEPER penetration.

now tell me one thing all contents in one subject and in an MBA we have a seperate 100 marks subject for each content whats say now who requires deeper knowledge and penetration who prepares project reports who conduct financial analysis who took surveys now it aint CA my friend its the MBA

The chief financial officer (CFO) or Chief financial and operating officer (CFOO) is a corporate officer primarily responsible for managing the financial risks of the corporation. This officer is also responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to higher management[1]. In some sectors the CFO is also responsible for analysis of data. The title is equivalent to finance director, a common title in the United Kingdom. The CFO typically reports to the chief executive officer and to the board of directors, and may additionally sit on the board.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Qualifications

Most CFOs of large companies have finance qualifications such as an MBA. A finance department would usually contain some accountants with Certified Public Accountant or equivalent status. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, enacted in the aftermath of several major U.S. accounting scandals, requires at least one member of a public company's audit committee to be a financial expert.[2]

Source Wikipedia look it clearly says an MBA but i aint said that CA's cant held such position but my point is the grooming aspect will only gain them such position because planning is rather different from preparing accounts and even audit commmitee doesnt comprise of auditor because internal auditor is not taken in the composition of listied company's audit committee he is only allowed to sit there and not even allowed to speak on any issue. clause 49 listing agreement

haha only audit planning questionnaire ok they are plenty others ok just tell me the types of questionnaire and also scales on which you analytics is based on audit planning is not only that is required in finance department my friend there are several others aspect

Replied 13 June 2011

Originally posted by : Priya

@ priya i am very unhappy dear about what you said about MBA

dont ever dare to say anything for an MBA student what mugging up are you complaining about

have you ever seen a course of an MBA - Finance student just go through the course of an MBA - Finance student and please first update yourself before saying anything against any professional course

have you ever prepared a questionnaire in your life

do you know what financial analysis is all about

do you know what is the Post of CFO in an organisation?

you know one thing where a CA finishes the work of making and preparing accounts thereafter an MBA finance professional starts his work of analysing and carefully reading the financial statements he is the one who take crucial decisions of sourcing and implenting the finance medium and he is the one who is responsible for taking crucial decisions about where to invest and where not to invest all plans and financial plans are being made by MBA finace professional you know one thing dear

MBA is more practical in thinking as compared . i have been working with HUL we have been assigned to design a method of concept called HRA you know that thats Human Resource Accounting know what CA can do on this nothing but we have been asked to design and implement such a concept in our organisation so tell me we are being thrown in such a situations which a CA or CS or CWA will never even expect in their whole life career because they are no doubt expertise in their field but we have been asked even to learn their field also. so the true difference is that we gradually becomes the think tank of an organisation. so please clear you basics first and then say anything against any professional course

you were also sad about CA friends getting a package.

a college of pune

FOREX Management , Multinational financial Management,Finance Markets & Services, Working Capital ManagementlSecurity Analysis & Portfolio Management  - CA final has all that and MUCH more combined in SINGLE subject with much more DEEPER penetration.     Business Laws, Quantitative Techniques,Accounts and finance for Managers Thesse also Fully covered by us..    And remaining are theory, and if Practical problems are being mugged then god bless theory subjects.

There's something called Audit Planning , Questionnaire is prepared when we scrutinise the work of an organisation (glad i could tell you and increase ur knowledge)

Financial analysis  dont get me even started on that one ... Ascertaining the financial position of an organisation from key aspects like Ratio's of B/S items, cash fow, fund flow; Ascertaining an optimum capital structure(Btween all froms of capital viz equity , debt,pref  etc.) that will lead to maximum pft to shareholders,Calculating whether an investment (whether in an asset or investment,tangible or intangible or even a company in case of merger & acquisition) will be fruitful and also determining the fair value of the said project and comparison.(this all is not Copy paste!!!) i cud go on n on n on about it.

Chief Financial Officer is the head person managing the financial decisions n risks of the corporation."The Companies Bill does not enhance the powers and duties of CAs. True, CFO is one of the key managerial personnel of a company. But no special qualifications have been prescribed for the CFO; CS  n CWA are obliged to have the prescribed qualifications."       The Sebi committee indicated that the chief financial officer of a listed entity need not be a chartered accountant, but proposed that the appointment should be approved by its audit committee. It said the audit committee, which comprises two thirds of an entity’s independent directors, will be responsible to ensure the top finance officer’s professional credentials. 
 Even  Referencing of CA's (although not direct appointment) by  Corporate Law ministry & SEBI  is an ndication of the Trust they have on CA's skills.                                CA mohandas pai was a CFO...here is a job listing dated 26 may 2011

2 Opening(s)

Adonis Staff Services Private Limited..                                                         NUFF SAID

check ur sources girl i dnt know from where you are extracting such a data CFO has nothing to do with a CA the acc*ntants are not planners ok get me correct financial planners and auditors are two different aspect and i aint jumping to any conclusions you all are too over proudy and still kiddish in your behaviour with that type of attitude you will not even survive a single day in a corporate world

yes thats what i am saying you provided the course content girl you have that all in one subject as u mentioned , no deeper penetration required by CA's ok MBA finance people has got all to do with a single seperate subject to study and that requires deeper penetration not a single subject with all the four subjects in it just like in CA final yes CA's are only there for accounting and auditing reports but financial planners in HUL and even in Reliance only MBA finance holder gets to be Head of Finance not  a CA.

dumb really dumb only CA CA whats with that haan what you have done a CA i have plenty of CA's ok i know what there reputation is all about so dont make say something which reveals the truth in front of you ok i direct lot of CA's in HUL ok so please dont give such CA CA verdict again ok you are no gods to any organisation and even we treat a CA and others alike in an organisation

so immature

CA final has all that and MUCH more combined in SINGLE subject with much more DEEPER penetration.

now tell me one thing all contents in one subject and in an MBA we have a seperate 100 marks subject for each content whats say now who requires deeper knowledge and penetration who prepares project reports who conduct financial analysis who took surveys now it aint CA my friend its the MBA

The chief financial officer (CFO) or Chief financial and operating officer (CFOO) is a corporate officer primarily responsible for managing the financial risks of the corporation. This officer is also responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to higher management[1]. In some sectors the CFO is also responsible for analysis of data. The title is equivalent to finance director, a common title in the United Kingdom. The CFO typically reports to the chief executive officer and to the board of directors, and may additionally sit on the board.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Qualifications

Most CFOs of large companies have finance qualifications such as an MBA. A finance department would usually contain some accountants with Certified Public Accountant or equivalent status. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, enacted in the aftermath of several major U.S. accounting scandals, requires at least one member of a public company's audit committee to be a financial expert.[2]

Source Wikipedia look it clearly says an MBA but i aint said that CA's cant held such position but my point is the grooming aspect will only gain them such position because planning is rather different from preparing accounts and even audit commmitee doesnt comprise of auditor because internal auditor is not taken in the composition of listied company's audit committee he is only allowed to sit there and not even allowed to speak on any issue. clause 49 listing agreement

haha only audit planning questionnaire ok they are plenty others ok just tell me the types of questionnaire and also scales on which you analytics is based on audit planning is not only that is required in finance department my friend there are several others aspect

who said that we dont  have HRA in our syllabus but instead i said that we didnt got an opportunity to learn its practical implication how to accountise a human so we was being told to implement that ok and in CA you have very small definition type of topic in it nothing else

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

please post it one more time to make a more bigger impact!

2 Like

Sandeep C Sanghvi (Job) (27 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

yes..it will be great move

Manoj R. Agrawal (Service) (86 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Forcing companies for min. 9 lakh will actually force compnies to look other options recruting ICWA, CS or MBA (Fin.)

Let the demand and supply theory decide the market salary

If CA degree has so much value - why campus interivew organised by ICAI itself does not able get recurited 100% palcement even if many fresh CAs willing to join at half of 9 lakhs.

So many unemployment is there for fresh CAs in market. 9lakh move will create more unemployment in the market.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: