Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA Results Manipulation

Rangdi Bangdi (aaa) (85 Points)

17 January 2010  

There is no manipulation involved.

How can one person be it Uttam Prakash Agarwal or someone manipulate CA final results?

What do you mean by manipulation?

Do you mean strict correction? or strict evaluation or outright cheating by reducing marks of some students or candidates?

Reducing marks or cheating is not possible as the system is really Fool-proof even Uttam Prakash Agarwal cannot do anything here.Then he would want only some NorthIndian preferably of his caste or community to get first rank and not some Prajita Balavinodan of Coimbatore in Tamilnadu.

The committe which corrects do so under strict conditions for CA Final,there is a 2 time check on both evaluation and counting of marks(yes sometimes errors creep in because it is human to err).Then the results are segregated zone-wise,etc.

Even the students names and roll numbers are not attached on sheets.The Eastern Zone candidates get their papers corrected by Southern Zone;Southern Zone by Western Zone,etc and this too is done cyclically to obviate any need for partiality.So next attempt Southern Zone papers go to Nothern Zone,etc.

So, no one knows where the papers go,who corrects it,etc.

Also, more than 30 to 45 thousand students write the exam(CA final) in various centres including Nepal,Dubai,Gulf,etc.It is virtually impossible to play with all 30 to 45 thousand papers or even a selected few papers for marks.

So if at all Uttam Prakash Agarwal wants to reduce the marks of some students in Northern zone,he must run down south to Trichy or Kanyakumari and talk with the paper correctors who correct papers under strict correction guidelines in a segregated area.All this is kept confidential.

No one interacts much with ICAI president down south so they will cry fowl and this will hurricane into a major issue for Uttam Prakash and he might go into jail if he does such antics.No one will dare do such things.

This is a national exam written by many and many are bound to fail too because the standards are tough.

So those who are blaming the ICAI,Uttamji,System,etc are not aware of practicality of all this.

Also, they talk with emotion seeing movies like 3 idiots and the need for system change.

We must learn good things from movies not try to lambast one and all in the world.

Did Aamir Khan ever take it on Boman Irani in the film? He used to say "System must change" but never took it personally with Boman Irani.

Yaar, dont worry,there is always a next time.Be confident in life.This is real education.

CA Purush Mistry

63 Replies

Replied 17 January 2010

Also I would like to add that there is no "Pegging of results"--Pegging means

They see the market demand for CAs this attempt and then fix the results much below the demand.

This thinking is so wrong.

• First, no one can arbitrarily cut marks(20 marks in costing as one guy put it here)--They would be taken to task by independent review bodies.
  • Second, the demand in the market and abroad for CAs is quite heavy and the number of jobs available are really high even in this recessionary scenario but the pass percentage is really low.Sometimes there is a gap of even 60%.So it is highly improbable that ICAI would bend down to such cheap tactics.
  • Third, if there was pegging down then, there is no point in the marks and grading systems in the exam paper.

So think over dont become emotional and cry fowl at the drop of the hat,especially when you fail

CA Purush Mistry

Replied 17 January 2010

Please note that Im not supporting Uttamji for the decision against transfership of articleship of students.It has put many students to considerable amount of grief.I admit this.But this does not mean, he is so mean to go about taking revenge.What revenge? Who has done anything against him? Nothing so far!

ARKA (COMMERCIAL MANAGER) (70 Points)
Replied 17 January 2010

I have read your thread. Congratulations as you cleared the exams ---  but whatever you say, some sort of transparency is reqauired inthe entire matter. This time out of 25000 approx. students for gr 2, only 3000 odd have cleared the group ( unconfirmed) . Do you want me to believe that out of the balance 22000 students, there was not a single one who could have passed this group. I have checked arbitrarily 350 roll numbers out of which I could see only 18 passes. Its ridiculous and unbelieveable. Avg marks in costing is between 24 and 32 which is also reidiculous. MICS avg marks is between 40 and 52 and I had seen just one exemption in the 350 roll numbers I saw. MICS questiosn were pretty direct and I cannot believe the numbers. Some day, when failed students also pass out ( god's grace as ca final passing is purely in his hands now) we can also talk on similar lines as to what you are talking., But I shall maintain the same stand as I am maintaining now. The Insittutue definitely does have a role int he reuslts -- not manipulation per se but definitley the system is not transparent. I shall prove this in a few days after invoking RTI on the institute for my MICS and IDT papers. if I am proved wrong, i shall leave the course -- its a challenge and If I am proved right, then you have to agree and take back what you have written.

7 Like

Anand Sharma (CA FINAL Student) (117 Points)
Replied 17 January 2010

kya baat hai bhai log.....challenge kar diya CA institute and uttam prakash aggarwal ko

Sujata (Article Trainee) (35 Points)
Replied 17 January 2010

I feel Mr.Rangdi Bangdi is very close relative of Mr.UPA

2 Like

Naveen Kumar (CA, GDPA, ) (58 Points)
Replied 17 January 2010

If Mr. Rangdi Bangdi is correct, why there is no provision for revaluation but only for recounting...............it is clear that if revaluation is made many deserving candidates will pass. Moroever I wanna to invite attention towards Right to Information Act, as per Law we have every right to access our exam sheets. Why Institute is not allowing it , many of university and educational institution is offering it as last measure for students to confirm their marks. It is obvious that the manipulation is involved, otherwise Institute will allow us to exercise these rights. Students who appeared for more than two times will notice that in at least one of the subject they will get 20-30 less than expectations but in all other subjects it will be a difference of 2-5 marks only. If this is not manipulation then.......$%$%&*#%#%$% @ #$%**>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Replied 17 January 2010

Wow!

Haha!

I dont know what to say...

OK go ahead,...think ICAI and the president are against you guys!

I and my girlfriend wrote the exam same centre and even same room(but many seats apart)..i cleared and she did not clear....so should I also cry fowl with you guys?

You mean to say 35,000 papers and answersheets are there and is it practical to send all the answersheets back to examiners and show it to students?

and arka you sampled just 380 roll numbers and 18 cleared so you have come to conclusion that icai is doing fraud? what about the rest of the people...? your statistical sample is too small dear....

how do you know average costing and mics marks...maybe with people around u you say thus....

Study well,prepare well,go to the exam with confidence and attempt all questions and then clear the exams...really there is no other way...ICAI or Uttam or any person in ICAI is not going to bend down for anything...we have to face reality and reality is bitter....first get your act together then you can start blaming everyone...

courageous Aries ( ) (263 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

mr, rangadi plz refer to President's Message in students journal where he says that we donot manuplate the results

this statement cleary indiactes that the results are being manuplated

further in a centre where more than 300 students wrote exams only 18 were passed

does dis mean that rest of students are idiot

UPA is playing with the carrer of many students!!!!

althouh i to have become CA  this time(this was my 3rd attempt) i still believe that results are being manipulate

1 Like

Sharangdhar (CPA CISA exp in IFRS )   (264 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

Exactly !

CA Rahul Jain (CA) (1152 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

@ Mr Rangdi

you may need to look at regulation 39(2) of Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 that read as follows:

" The Council may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the standards of pass percentage provided in these Regulations." 

hope it clarifies...........

2 Like

Sharangdhar (CPA CISA exp in IFRS )   (264 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

this says it all..

(Guest)

where will i get to read these regulations Mr. Rahul Jain, will u pls give me reference

failed student (failed in final exam) (92 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

Its quite understandable that Mr.Rangdi, who has managed to clear this time is trying to defend the institute. His voice would have been different had the results were otherwise.( on a lighter note).

I have not been able to clear this time. But I don't like to put the blame entirely on the institute for my failure. On my part, I take full responsibility for my failure and I have started studying for May exam.

Let us stop the blame game and pass the exam at whatever standard the question paper is set or at whatever standard evaluatio is done.

2 Like

pranali (article) (25 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

i completely agree with rahul jain.....................and mr.. rangdi can u explain how can one person get exact 12 marks in three subjects and out of which two subjects were of same group...........................one of my friend got that....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags