CA from ICAEW

Abhinav Prabhudan (Student) (88 Points)

19 May 2010  

Hi I am doing CWA n have completed my B.Com. I would probably be completing CWA by Dec. 2011 or atmost June 2012. During this time I will also do M.Com. and will work in a CA firm for these 2 years (2010-2012).

After completing all these I am looking forward to do CA from ICAEW. I have mailed them to ask regarding the eligibilty requirements n they replied back that first I must try to secure a Training Contract in UK which is more important part for their CA. After that I can get enrolled for their ACA program. My question is whether my qualifications and work experience will benefit me or help me in securing a training contract in UK or not? And if not then what additional courses should I look upon? I have also heard of ACCA, another Accounting qualification of UK, and the advantage of it is that we can sit for their exams here in India and it has also good recognition in UK. But for that I have to spend 2 years more. I need guidance from our Senior and experienced members. I know it sound rubbish to ask questions related to future and we can never predict the future but that's what I am planning to do and really need some good advice on how should I approch towards my goals.

I wish to work Internationally in the field of Accounting and Finance, how appropriate would be the ACA from ICAEW to get a International recognition? I have only heard that it is considered as one of the best CA courses all over the world but don't know the reality. Please guide me on this.