Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca course is totally wastage of time and spoil ur career

Page no : 2

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

I don't think anything is waste in life ...it  just how you utilize it. enlightened

Some finals are earning 35K and even some CA are working around 20K per month ..... its just the difference of how you present yourself and how other conceive you at the same time.

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

@ greatest  ...whenever you wish to write more about it ... let me know , I wanna read a little more about the same.

umesh (Student CA Final ) (147 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

yeah greatest.. do inform mee too....

Greatest Buddy (Finance Professional) (173 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

Originally posted by : *RENU SINGH *
@ greatest  ...whenever you wish to write more about it ... let me know , I wanna read a little more about the same.

I will add. But I am looking for more replies, especially from the ones who've started posting these demotivating posts. I have befitting replies for them.

Replied 12 December 2014

Originally posted by : umesh
yeah greatest.. do inform mee too....

I will, let these deterring people reply to my post.

1 Like

CA Parul Saxena (CA) (8435 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

The girl who was offered an handsome package ofRs.2 crore after completing studies from IIT is also a fresher. Then why CA freshers are offered very less package.

And CAs do not train properly their articles they use them like their servant for personal work  then where is the fault of students????

Replied 12 December 2014

Originally posted by : CA Parul Saxena
The girl who was offered an handsome package ofRs.2 crore after completing studies from IIT is also a fresher. Then why CA freshers are offered very less package.

And CAs do not train properly their articles they use them like their servant for personal work  then where is the fault of students????

This is what it makes a CA different from other professionals.

Now ICAI is making efforts to change the curriculum by 2016,future CAs will study international taxation.

Coming to the point,2 Crores is not take home, it is the CTC. As you are a CA, I don't think there is a need to explain all these terms.

The estimated break up as shared by an IITian on a private discussion forum(He is still a student at IIT B and I can't say this is perfectly correct, this is just an estimation)

Base Salary:-$100,000-$120000

With Bonus:-It may be variable or one time bonus.- Ranging from $80000-$100000

RSU:- $100000-$150000 over 4-5 years.

She achieved this as she did a lot more than preparing for semester exams in IIT Bombay. She might have gained the skills which are needed for a position in Facebook/Google. Also you have the best minds from all the corners of the country sitting in the classrooms of IIT Bombay. So there is neither a dearth of talent nor cut throat competition. These set of students are the creme-de-la-creme of our country and the package they get is not the average salary at the IITs/BITS. There is no point of blaming ICAI here.

Secondly, why should your prinicipal train you? Is it his duty to train you? Your duty is to learn and his duty is to work. You will not get time for anything, you will have to make time. 

As you are a CA- Please answer these question

-What did you do/learn in GMCS 1 & 2?

-What makes you furious and why are you against the ICAI?

1 Like

Replied 12 December 2014

How can an article learn if his prinicipal doesnt allow him the access to the work and engage in the personal work.......if he dont send him audit then how he can learn if he doesnt allow finalization of Balance sheet how can he learn.........

Replied 12 December 2014

How can an article learn if his prinicipal doesnt allow him the access to the work and engage in the personal work.......if he dont send him audit then how he can learn if he doesnt allow finalization of Balance sheet how can he learn.........

I have even asked you a couple of questions at the end. Please do answer them. I have something to say. (I am willing to put an MBA aspirant's perpective)

Please feel free.  I don't have anything personal against you/ the persons posting these demotivational posts. It is only that I want to correct your views/opinions by stating the ground reality.

Replied 12 December 2014

I am against the ICAI because after completing CA i am still not in good job.Every employer say you dont  have experience in transfer pricing , SAP etc etc.....but amendments is part of this profession we are capable of applying any amendment to have practical exposure in each and every thing is not possible.

I have seen many people who invest their several important years in this course and after so many attempts what they gain again demoralization from companies they dont hire them again they have to join a CA firm at very low pacakge....inspite of that if we have invested our years in preparation of competitive exam of banks or other organisation we would have settled till date and have satisfaction.

In My time there was one gmcs and they just told how to behave interview etc and again discrimination is everywhere they usually just gave example of GDs by making participating the students who were already trained in Big 4 etc.

Paras Singh (Student) (55 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

Total Disagree With Your View..... You should motivate others rather than posting demotivating statements about CA course... . I was met with a guy who completed CA after 10 years and earning very good package. So, I can say that it is very good course, and it only requires concentration on your concepts i.e. Make Your Concepts Crystal Clear and Hardwork with $martness. "Don't Stop When You're Tired Stop When You're Done".

Arpit Shah (Accountant) (21438 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

Ca is good option now a days in govt. firm ca as a career taht will help to boost yr carrer in govt  like in   psu etc

Replied 12 December 2014

I am against the ICAI because after completing CA i am still not in good job.Every employer say you dont  have experience in transfer pricing , SAP etc etc.....but amendments is part of this profession we are capable of applying any amendment to have practical exposure in each and every thing is not possible.

I have seen many people who invest their several important years in this course and after so many attempts what they gain again demoralization from companies they dont hire them again they have to join a CA firm at very low pacakge....inspite of that if we have invested our years in preparation of competitive exam of banks or other organisation we would have settled till date and have satisfaction.

In My time there was one gmcs and they just told how to behave interview etc and again discrimination is everywhere they usually just gave example of GDs by making participating the students who were already trained in Big 4 etc.

Okay. That's a genuine reason. I will agree with your points. 

But do you get anything by cursing your fate? Or Cursing ICAI?

Okay, now- Let us look at the other side.

Engineers who get good packages- I am here referring to the Engineering passing out of non-elite colleges. They don't learn everything in the Engineering colleges. The syllabus in their curriculum is redundant and one can't enter into an MNC with that knowledge. They will have to sit and learn a lot of stuff which makes them capable of handling a job. A lot of Engineers today are entering fields like Commerce, Trade, Marketing which have got nothing to with Engineering. Do you think they enter these fields without knowing anything about them? They learn a lot of stuff through the internet or books and then make a realistic plan. I know a couple of Engineers who are doing this. It was very tough for them to get their first job in marketing as their CGPA was low. But still they made it happen.

Learning:-Search for the Opportunities around you and try grabbing each of them.

MBA Graduates :- Ask any CA about MBAs from institutes other than the IIMs, they will only give you one reply-"They are good at communicating and negotiating, but when it comes to knowledge, we take the lead". Though this may hold true for a lot of roadside institues, one should not forget that there are decent Tier 2 colleges where you see a lot of students who are dedicated and industrious. A lot of them today are going for the courses like CFA, FRM etc. and the content of such courses is definitely comparable to CA when it comes to the positions related finance.The big issue here:-

-A CA is exhausted after giving CA Final Exams and has a hell lot of expections after that. The work done at the articleship firm is also responsible for such.

-An MBA graduate is not exhausted and tries to know/fulfill the expectations of the company.(This only holds true for the ones who are meritorious ones from decent Tier 2 colleges. The case is completely different with the IIM graduates).

Learning:-You can take up a professional course like CFA or FRM. 

------------------------------

And you've said something like ...."inspite of that if we have invested our years in preparation of competitive exam of banks or other organisation we would have settled till date and have satisfaction."

There is no quick growth in such Banks. You will have to sit at the same place and do the same job for years. The career growth in sectors like Finance is faster when you compare that to a person's career graph in a nationalized bank.

Any more queries?

Replied 12 December 2014

I am not demotivating but i just want to say a person who belongs from a middle class family and can not afford to stay at  home at the age of25-28 years dont pursue this course......your motivation will induce candidates to pursue CA but at the time of their failure in exams or jobs all of you would do only one thing critisixe him that if you are not passing or you are not getting job then you have deficiency in yourself.

So please dont misguide youngsters by showing them false dreams about CA.

tushar (PAST ARTICLE) (246 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

Guys , Whole world is facing some problems. So, India too has few bad situations. Plz dont get demotivate, all u hv to do is some smart work along wit hard work. Wat do u think , which course is easy from all pt of view. We hv to do hard work in each and every case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: