Book royalty income, 80qqb and itr to fill

Hello All,

This question is for AY 2017-18

I received royalty income for a book I authored in last financial year . This book is on computer programming and is not a text book. The book’s nature qualifies for a deduction under section 80QQB. Could you please help with the following

Income details

1. I have a regular SALARY income from the employer (India) .  So far, all these years I have only filled ITR1 or ITR2
2. This year, also have the book royalty income (15% of which is tax decuctible)

Note 1: Already obtained duly filled forms 10CCD from the publisher and 10H from my bank where the royalty was credited. 

Note 2: Writing is not my ‘full time’ job, in previous year I wrote this book  receive a royalty  that's all. 

QUESTIONS:
A) Under which section should I DECLARE my royalty income ? (is it income from other sources) .
B) Which ITR form should I use for this purpose? (AY 2017-18)

I already know details of 80QQB so no questions on how to compute the 80QQB amount. The question is on how to declare the income..

 

Replies (2)

 

 

 

1. I have a regular SALARY income from the employer (India) .  So far, all these years I have only filled ITR1 or ITR2
2. This year, also have the book royalty income (15% of which is tax decuctible)
 
 

 YES THIS INCOME WILL BE SHOWN AS INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCE AND ITR - 1 FOR THE A/Y 2017-18 

 

THANKS !! 

Hello sir I have a similar query as yours. Please tell me how you resolved your problem

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details