Easy Office
LCI Learning

Best book for ISCA

Page no : 2

karthikeyan.v (Chartered Accountant) (523 Points)
Replied 26 August 2011

Dear Ankur

Well boss, so many replies, i hope every one here will accept that the institute materials is the best book for ISCA as it is easy to understand and comes in a co-related manner, it is better to read materials for the subject, and only if u have time read other books, u might see from past exams that questions have directly come from the materials and it would be a stupid idea to not study the materials. all the best

regards

karthi

sachin agarwal (partner) (26 Points)
Replied 27 August 2011

the best book on ISCA is Dinesh Madan...refer that only as it will make ur understanding on subject more clear....neither our module nor paduka as it's replica of module and after completing madan you can take a quick view of practice manual to see whether you are able to answer the questions given in practice manual.

Sanat (CA/CS Final) (145 Points)
Replied 27 August 2011

There is no problem in dinesh madan sir book, I m having both the books. But if you compare, text quality, presentation, coverage, all with memory codes and examples is just awesome in manish valecha. This book seems more accurate in this subject. The book is far better. No need to ask here or anyone, go to the bookseller and read the portion where you have sound knowledge & take your own decision.. All know practical chapters are not good in dinesh madan.

Jayant (CA, CS Final) (171 Points)
Replied 28 August 2011

Where can i get vallecha book in Mumbai

CA VIKAS KUMAWAT (Practice) (34 Points)
Replied 29 August 2011

self made shorts notes from module for isca is better for exam.........

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 29 August 2011

if u wish to score good without getting shocked on result day ..... go for module or padhuka .........

rest are misleading books ( i have both vallecha and dinesh madaan but i found none good for securing good marks)

by making language easier u are fooling urself mates

i scored 69 in itsm in pcc and 69 again in isca in finals 

i refereed padhuka and module for both .....

padhuka is just the Qand A format of Module language so if u are not comfortable with paragraph format u can gry padhuka 

otherwise go for module 

happy reading ...

1 Like

Ankur (Student) (101 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Thank You all Guys will buy either dinesh madan or valecha along with module

i have plenty of time 

my attempt is may 2014

Ranjan (ca final article) (76 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

Manish Valechha is the best for ISCA. Pls dont compare this book with any other.

in chennai, c, sitaraman has ths book.

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

I think scoring mark or failure in ISCA exam is not due to reference book rather the method of approaches to exam. Most of the cases, students were tend to give least importance to this particular subject compared to other subjects...

ISCA  reference book :- Most ot the cases the books were precise summary from ICAI study material. If you cab able to cover at least one round from ICAI materials and making notes of important points and then swtiching with any reference book Plus practise manual and have a better presentation will have much impact ....

CA Raman Goel (CA) (602 Points)
Replied 09 September 2011

Originally posted by : CA Akhil mittal

hi ankur plz refer institute module & dinesh madan......

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 09 September 2011

ISCA chapters and reference book.

1.    SDLC   (Module is better)

2.    Information system concepts (Module is better)

3.    IT Act 2008 (Module is better)

4.    Risk assessment and methodology ( You can refer other reference book)

5.    ERP(Module is better)

6.    BCP and DRP(Module is better)

7.    Audit test(Module is better)

8.    Control objective( You can refer other  reference book)

9.    Information system auditing standards( You can refer other  reference book)

10.                       Security policies( You can refer other  reference book)

Reference Book  :- Dinesh madan, Manish vallecha, R chandrasekar, Padhuka etc…All are precise and concise summary from ICAI modules.

Avantika (CA Finals) (216 Points)
Replied 17 September 2011

Still confused padhuka, Valecha or dinesh madan  ?

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat (CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert)   (85930 Points)

Go in for Padukas only.

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat (CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert)   (85930 Points)

Go in for Padukas only.

Go in for Padukas only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: