Easy Office

Begin with your Strength To Achieve the Excellence

Page no : 7

Narayan (Article-Assistant) (124 Points)
Replied 08 July 2011

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

Dear Narayan, 

Right now your scorecard (  which is 40 ) shows how active your are at caclub till now. 

.I have not even opened my account afer registration in this site , for 2 years.So that is the reason for being inactive. 

However; whatever you have raised, I appreciate.

I always like critical comments. If we take them positively; it increases our attention about the topic.This is alike a situation where a typical question is raised before a new professor by a student. Students should also be ready to face critical questions put before them by a professor. Unfortunately rarely it happens. 

In CA, we have been taught that an Auditor should check  himself  to find the truth behind any transactions.  Till old days; we were required to check only accuracy of the accounting figures.  Later on one more word came  : AUTHENTIC. ( Can you say why I am talking about "authentic" here ? ) 

Death info although provided by surendraji, should have been checked by the students, with the intention to authenticate such info!

Now financial reporting requires whether the funds of the shareholders have been prudently applied for the business for which these were raised by the Management. ( Only accuracy of accounting does not serve the purpose). 

After my posting; only one student raised his hand for my post about Manna Dey.  Thenafter I have replied also. There were no such news in the papers or TV. 

I think you have read the whole post and found only the content where you could critically comment. This is your strength and that is why you have begin with. 
Thats cause, in that reply post written by you - only manna dey related query related reply was given by you against my quote, rest of them were against some other person!

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 09 July 2011

Originally posted by Narayan : 

I have not even opened my account afer registration in this site , for 2 years.So that is the reason for being inactive. 

And now you are active when you hear the news about some person which is wrong !

Thank either Me or Manna Dey that you  have become active now at caclub ! 

Hope now you will contribute some posts which may prove  beneficial to the students. 

( You have two years experience as articled clerks ( may be even more ) hence at least new articled clerks can have some ideas from you about CA course and its opportunities and threats). 

Replied 09 July 2011

Just refer the following post : 

( Please read very carefully first line of the following post to decide whether it is applicable to you).

/forum/tips-to-get-success-in-ca-exams-after-continuous-failure-140177.asp

Replied 09 July 2011

Dear Shrikant,

By showing ifs and buts; things cannot become easy.  As you say; if you are given an exposure; you can do the best. Every CA student can claim this. The real question is you should try to find out where is the opportunity. All things cannot be explained in day one but still you want  to know all the things within day one or two.  

Whatever I have written above; you should analyze and then try to think to make a very brilliant career in TAXATION. 

Right now you don't know about the depth of the taxation; still you claim to make a best career in the TAXATION just because you claim to have interest therein. 

My question is : What you want to do in TAXATION FIELD ?

I have quoted about NANI PALKHIWALA. He learned all the sections of the Income Tax Act by heart in the age of 21. He could refer the page number also about a section referred in the Income-Tax Act. People could not believe that this young man would be able to explain Income-Tax so beautifully before the court. 

Can you "imagine" that for yourself ? ( Right now I am not talking about your performance, I am just talking about the imagination ).   

If you are not ready to see the books and magazines which I have referred; nor you try to know who are the renowned figures in the Taxation and why they are  well known; I don't think you have interest in Taxation.

Every time you are talking about earning after 2 years. 

You prefer Taxation because someone ( because you don't know) has told you that TAXATION IS THE BEST TO START THE PRACTICE/CAREER. 

Yesterday; I got an enquiry from one company which is ready to pay Rs.30 Lacs package to an INTERNAL AUDITOR; the required experience is more than 15 years. 

( Analyse again the career in Auditing which is right now your strength - I don't think that you will deny to take such opportunity if a nice career is there in auditing and don’t forget the fact that ACCOUNTING itself is a recording of past events ( Historical Cost Concept) but INTERNAL AUDITING is not a post mortem because it gives advice to the Management what remedial actions are required to be taken if lapses are there – thank God the development which have taken place in auditing).  Internal Auditor is always INDEPENDENT IN HIS OPINION. Hence in this sense; nobody can suggest him how to carry out audits. There may be some areas where management needs his comments; but management can't suggest him how to carry out the job. 

Hope your misconception about AUDITING is solved now. ( You dislike it just because it is a postmortem whereas INTERNAL AUDITING is not so ).

Now you can also understand what I want to say - I never presumed that you can't make a career in TAXATION. I am emphasizing to check your strength in TAXATION. If you have desire to write a book on TAXATION without seeking handsome package too early; a great career in TAXATION is there. This is only one point which I have explained here.

For any business or profession; we set a limit ( regarding earning therefrom) . Whereas  Business is business.  Profession is Profession. No limits of earnings is there.

The company Ford of US operates its business in 138 countries.There are some  CA firms which have their consultancy services spread over more than 10 countries. ( I don’t wish to disclose the name of the firm which is providing such services in more than 60 countries).   

You may ask Durga Rao, a featured member of caclubindia to know how to overcome difficulties in commencing a profession. If you can sacrifice for 5-10 years just for TAXATION; a great career is there.   

Please don't raise further questions to me about this ( as I have said; we set our own limit ). 

Jagannath Dey (C.S executive M.com student)   (36 Points)
Replied 21 August 2011

thnkxxx sir realy an eye opner for commerece students...............................................................................................

(Guest)
👍👍👍
4 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: