Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basics of audit

vinayaka kk (1 Points)

02 October 2021  
Give me your suggest about how to do audit work in beginning days...?

2 Replies

prasad Nilugal (Sr . Accountant and GST Practitioner . )   (6984 Points)
Replied 02 October 2021

We have to start with vouching of prime entries ( Journal entries) , right from the 1 st day of April , beginning of the Financial year . we have to check how many Journal entries have been pass in the books of accounts on the 1 st day and are they pass as per accounting rules ?,also same are properly pass in the seance that checking Debit and credit as per double entry accounting system . Income , expenditure , asset , Liability , equity are properly accounted .
Capital and revenue expenditure are properly accounted or not . vouchers are properly prepared or not i.e date of voucher as per the documentary evidence , debit or credit particulars in the voucher , more importantly amount , documentary evidence attachment , then voucher prepared by , Sing by ,Authorised by etc . then we have to check properly entered in the accounting system or not .
So the above manner in the beginning start vouching , the most important is date of voucher should be falls within the accounting period , documentary evidence and amount . properly examining primary entries is very important in the beginning .

prasad Nilugal (3859 Points)
Replied 07 October 2021

I have given above is the practical aspects of Audit at the beginning , however we have to comply with all Auditing standard while Auditing at the beginning .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags