Balance Additional Depreciation

I have not claimed balance additional depreciation in the respective years..

Suppose in the FY 19-20 I have claimed additional depreciation of 10% but forget to claim balance 10% in the next year means FY 20-21.

This system continue till date.

Now my question is that shall I get balance additional depreciation in the FY 21-22 which I have not claimed in the earlier year?
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a common tax query regarding the claim of balance additional depreciation. If a portion of additional depreciation was not claimed in the initial year (e.g., 10% in FY 19-20 instead of the full 20%), it cannot be claimed in subsequent years (like FY 21-22). This is particularly relevant if the machinery was used for less than 180 days in the first year of claim.

Have you used Machinery in Manufacturing less than 180 days in the year 2019-20 ?.
Yes sir I have used less than 180 days
No , You Can not claim additional depreciation in the F.Y 21-22 .

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details